What About Ipswich in QLD

FREE CASH!

After reading all of the Elizabeth thread (it's really good BTW) what about something similar and up to date on Ipswich?

It is the SEQ version of Elizabeth after all!

Any discussion/opinions are much appreciated!

Last edited:
FREE CASH!

After reading all of the Elizabeth thread (it's really good BTW) what about something similar and up to date on Ipswich?

It is the SEQ version of Elizabeth after all!

Any discussion/opinions are much appreciated!

I own properties in both Elizabeth (South & Vale) and Ipswich (Redbank Plains & Goodna).

I've never been to Elizabeth as we bough sight unseen, but we took a trip up to buy our SE Qld properties. The RBP & Goodna area has a poor reputation from Brisbane locals, but the population demographic is changing as development is taking place and infrastructure being updated, so that they are quite nice areas today, ... especially with RBP bordering Springfield lakes.

The bottom line for me is as long as they give me capital gains then I'm happy, .... RBP and Goodna have grown approx 20% since we purchased in April this year, so it is really taking off. Elizabeth has also given us terrific capital gains as Adelaide market is also very hot at present.

I have a feeling certain areas of Elizabeth are rougher than the Ipswich suburbs we have IP's in, but I'm just guessing here, .... I'm sure someone else can give a better indication.

Martin

I agree that the population demographic is changing around Goodna in particular.

I was thinking more along the lines of closer to the Ipswich CBD. Prices seem higher than where Elizabeth is at now but with the comparative population growth of each area I am thinking that Ipswich might be a better bet (Now, not 6 or 7 months ago when you could buy sub 150K in Elizabeth)

Back