What are the list of Real Estate famous franchise branches? They are......

Just a quick disucssion that I believe that no one has brought out

As we are know, whether we are selling or buying, brand are very recognisable almost in EVERY suburb. Here are the main list of real estate that are well known:

1) LJ Hooker
2) Ray White
3) Richardson & Wrench (or W&R)
4) Shead
5) Raine & Horne
6) Laing & Simmons
7) McGrath
8) Elders
9) Century 21st

Can you think of anymore that I have left out? (not counting the small or unknown real estate business)

Are we taking just NSW here i assume???

Because the list provided many other states wouldnt know 1/2 them and there other larger bands out there Syd people wouldnt know.

Basics try adding;
Harcourts
PRD
Starr

Laing Simmons and McGrath there only sydney based.

There are some other bigger chains much bigger ones but not from sydney i cannot think of them at present, but imperative to have harcourts n prd on list.

remax theres a large one forgotten

thats a US company too from memory, bigger then LJH and RW globally id immagine.

* First National
* Professionals

Vic

* Hocking Stuart
* Buxton
* Biggin & Scott
* Barry Plant
* Stockdale & Leggo
* Thompson

WA

* Peet & Co
* Summit Realty

Tas

* Roberts

I think most are regionally-based apart from the first 2.

couple of points for the uninitiated here...

Ray White is the biggest in Australia (duh!!)
Harcourts is the fastest growing in Australia
Harcourts is the biggest in NZ
Remax is the biggest internationally
Raine and Horne I believe is the oldest large group (??) not 100% in this one
Elders are the biggest agency rurally (prob because they auction cattle etc too)
Professionals are not a franchise - they are a Co-op

some of the others are multi-office business but not franchises, they are privately owned companies. I am not sure about the southern states unique ones, but Brisbane examples are Place and Coronis...

cheers

Realway are another.

First National are a marketing group (co-op) the same as Professionals.

Go Gecko were ranked 2cnd fastest growing franchise in 2 of 3 categories in the latest BRW rankings. This was for all franchises, not just real estate.

5 more stores open in August. 2 in Sth Australia, Kallangur and 2 in Ipswich.

BTW - Don't consider this a recommendation, just facts.

Kev
www.kevinhockey.com

BTW - Don't consider this a recommendation, just facts?

Hi Kevin

I remember you from First National at Nundah. You looked at my property at Olive Street. I remember very clearly you said "an agent who could not negotiate their full sales commission from a potential seller was certainly not capable of negotiating the best price for the home" and note you make a comment that you would not nessassarly recomend Go Gecko.

I know with one of my friends for example he gave the property to Go Gecko for the first agency who generated an offer of 700K and said it was the best they would see and he should take it. Then he gave the property to Harcourts who sold the property at 732K which even after paying the extra commission, he was way infront.

I am guessing that is why you made that statement when you looked at my property personally and dont recomend Go Gecko?

BTW are you still in the area? I may be looking at selling soon.

Kind Regards

Dave

Hi Kevin

I remember you from First National at Nundah. You looked at my property at Olive Street. I remember very clearly you said "an agent who could not negotiate their full sales commission from a potential seller was certainly not capable of negotiating the best price for the home" and note you make a comment that you would not nessassarly recomend Go Gecko.

I know with one of my friends for example he gave the property to Go Gecko for the first agency who generated an offer of 700K and said it was the best they would see and he should take it. Then he gave the property to Harcourts who sold the property at 732K which even after paying the extra commission, he was way infront.

I am guessing that is why you made that statement when you looked at my property personally and dont recomend Go Gecko?

BTW are you still in the area? I may be looking at selling soon.

Kind Regards

Dave

Wow Dave, i mean Kev...talk about self promotion

Does anyone actually fall for this stuff anymore?

Fair dinkum as one can be! ;)

First post + success story + good grammer and writing style + 'someone' blatantly promoting a person or product while downplaying another = just another tool of advertising oneself on the internet

Now if someone who had 20 or more posts said that, you cannot be so sure, but the first time posters always gives it away

good grammer and writing style

Wooooah! It definitely can't have been spam then.

p.s. I just looked up 'fair dinkum' and found that 'vere dictum' is Latin for 'truly said'. It's also where the word 'verdict' comes from.

p.p.s. I actually agree that the post referred to is spam.

Wow Dave, i mean Kev...talk about self promotion

Does anyone actually fall for this stuff anymore?

Dear Marko,

Well aren't you just proving yourself an idiot. Before you defame me you should be extremely careful.

Its people like you that I now come to Somersoft rarely. I actually replied to the post a few days ago which took me ages and the damn login failed and I didnt have the time to go thru it all again.

Regardless, I haven't sold a property in years, do not sell houses and have no reason to "blatantly promote" myself, especially at Somersoft. If you read a few of my posts over the years I never used the forum for my own gain and the only self promotion I ever did here was by adding my web address at the bottom of my posts. The reason I did that was because I stood behind every single word I said and didn't hide behind anominity.

Dave actually mis quotes me in saying I don't recommend Go Gecko and I was looking to clear that up, but as I said, people like you make it impossible for good people to help the other forumites to learn, improve and achieve further success. What a shame.

I have made lots of good friends through Somersoft, spoken twice at BIG events and asked for nothing in return.

I'd ask about your input but frankly I don't care.

Bet you believe Elvis is alive and JFK was a political plot. Get off your bandwagon, not everything is a conspiracy.

Kev

How Unfortunate!

Sorry Guys!

I posted because I recognized Kevin's name after a Google search listed a link directly to the blog and page of this thread. I am thinking of selling soon so thought I would ask Kevin a few questions directly, I am embarrassed this caused a flame. I only joined so I could post a question to Kevin directly.

Sorry Marko if my writing style would suggest otherwise but I write this way because I am educated, sorry no other reason. I didn't think I was promoting anyone and the real shame is I was seeking advice, which had my questions been answered, may have helped me make some informed decisions about my Nundah property.

I am not using the Blog for self promotion that is unless you need a Mechanical Engineer.

Kevin at the time we first met when you conducted an appraisal on my property you clearly stated as I said before "an agent who could not negotiate their full sales commission from a potential seller was certainly not capable of negotiating the best price for the home" as I asked you if your commission rate was flexible.

At the time met you Kevin I also interviewed Clark and Ray White (Mark Fratter from memory) After my friends experience at Wavell Hts I was interested in your view as this would lead me to think you get what you pay for.

My post was for no other reason!

again my apologies

Dave

haha @ this thread :D

While I believe selling privately is the way to go in the future, I've always been impressed with Re/max's branding...their buildings and for sale signs tend to stick out much better than the others, just an observation I guess.