What are you reading??

Currently reading

Outliers: The Story of Success written by Malcolm Gladwell

My Four Year-Old the Property Investor written by Cam McLellan; thanks for the free book Cam

Currently reading

Outliers: The Story of Success written by Malcolm Gladwell

My Four Year-Old the Property Investor written by Cam McLellan; thanks for the free book Cam

I finished Cam McLellan's book today. I almost read cover to cover and enjoyed it. Well written book and would make fantastic book for a newbie. I have read lots of property books and I should say this is one of the best for beginners. I recon Cam is giving it away to attract some business for his company. But unlike other books, this book doesn't include advertisement.

I hope Cam writes his next book on property development.

Just finished reading Two Boys Kissing, by David Levithan. Reminded me of The Virgin Suicides, with the way it used a Greek chorus to drive the narrative.
Also just finished Burial Rites, by Hannah Kent.
Both are outstanding novels - very worth reading.

I accidentally put my copy of Australian Residential Property Devt in storage for three years! I'm so happy to have it back along with all my bookmarked pages. Also found a stack of Home Magazines, great for lying around on boxing Day.

I'm still dragging through the Game of Thrones series and am currently on book 5 (I think). Enjoying it all but it's heavy going and hard to keep track of all the characters at times. Not looking forward to coming to the end and having to wait for the next book because of that as I'll have forgotten who some are by then! :(

I'm moving on to the Ben Aaronovitch novels next (as mentioned below) and will then follow with Talking to the Dead by Harry Bingham (http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/music-arts/book-reviews-talking-dead-argo-article-1.1163722)

Ben Aaronovitch

modern Fantasy, injokes and sly puns in London.
A complete satirical pisstake.

if you like Terry Pratchett or ever lived in London give them a go.
He writes about London as a character in the plot with much fondness.

Chancing my arm on a new author, I Downloaded the first one last week and then laughed for the next 3 days.
Couldnt stop untill i'd read them all.
Be warned ... the third and final one ends in a cliff hanger.
published in June '13 so the suspense will kill me waiting for the next one in the series.

Cheers
Xactly

I did enjoy Don't Tell Mum I work on an Oil Rig: She Thinks I'm A Piano Player in a Whorehouse.

I gave my Dad this book to read for his birthday. I wondered how he'd go with it as he hates hard core swearing, but within minutes he was laughing his head off. A couple of weeks later I asked how he liked it and he said he read it twice and loved it and mentioned that he had a follow up book - 'This Is Not A Drill'. I got him that and 'Is That Thing Deisel' (the first guy to ride around Australia on an underpowered experimental motorcycle that runs on used cooking oil) for Christmas.

Many thanks for the kind words. Hope you enjoy the book. Let me know how if reads.

Hi Cam
I have mentioned more about your book earlier in this thread.
Cheers

I finished Cam McLellan's book today. I almost read cover to cover and enjoyed it. Well written book and would make fantastic book for a newbie. I have read lots of property books and I should say this is one of the best for beginners. I recon Cam is giving it away to attract some business for his company. But unlike other books, this book doesn't include advertisement.

I hope Cam writes his next book on property development.

I'm currently reading The Paradox of Choice. Been wanting to read it for a while, finally have some time to do so. So far so good.

Back