What do people think of Internet Explorer 7?

I've just installed the browser and are having a play.

The tabs are nice - brings it up to par with Firefox.

The view as mini-sites is very nice.

Menus are OK - though I have to work out how to add my quickbar back in.

Search in the menu is OK - again up to Firefox standard, but I use taskbar anyway.

Not much else on the interface really strikes me, though the RSS integration is nice.

Back-end the higher compliance with web standards is excellent (better than Firefox).

And the claims of a security bug was a furfy - the bug is actually in another piece of software, not IE (but still a MS product...).

Oh - Somersoft looks better and is more readable in cleartype :)

BTW - can get it at: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/default.mspx?mg_ID=10010

Cheers,

Aceyducey

"I eat my peas with honey
I've done it all my life
It does taste kind of funny
But it keeps them on my knife."

Yep...used ME all my ISP life...tried FireFox once...didn't like it and spat it out.

BTW how does one get ver 10...I'm still on ver 6?

Hi Acey,

Has it been debugged yet ?

I will upgrade mine as I have both, like most people here, but should I wait a bit to see if it is OK ?

I am sublimely satisfied with FF....am not motivated to even trial IE

can't believe microsoft stupidity.....when trying to catch up with opposition, offer a better product, not something that putatively matches it.......

I'm a Mac user, so obviously don't use IE at home, (where I use Safari and Firefox for both browsing and web development). At work I use Firefox for Windows exclusively.

You would have to pump me full of lead before I drop Firefox to use IE. :)

Its a Micro$oft product. No matter how much they debug it, there will always be bugs :D

Just like Vista. A work mate installed it yesterday afternoon, and the first time Vista started after installation, it said that "Windows has recovered from an error" — it thought it had started after a blue-screen. Heh... :)

Firefox kills it-

I'll judge IE 7 as soon as we have to test our webpages in it at work.. if it doesn't support transparent PNGs and loads padding and margin sizes in the same way as IE 6 then its a piece of ****.

IE has sucked for a long time and I'm expecting it will suck well into the future..

Firefox for moi..

OK, so I weakened and installed IE7.....first run and all subsequent runs, I get this when I click a link....nice to see Microsoft have been consistent with IE.

At least XPP has been stable....

Last edited by a moderator:
You've convinced me TFB....I'm not installing it any time soon.
BTW how does one capture a screen shot and paste it somewhere else please?

You don't know how many times i have seen and see that error. Always happens when I right clich on a window in the system tray and select close or exit.

There is a button on your keyboard called 'prt sc' or something simular press that then paste.

you have to press ALT prt sc. (ALT print screen)

Then open up a word doc, or photoshop, or some file to view the image.. and press Ctrl V. Or right click and select paste..

Back