What do people think of this portfolio?

It's always good to cast a critical eye over one's portfolio. I've come to realise my PPOR growth has far outstripped any IP growth... next IP I'm going to be much pickier about buying something that I would possibly want to live in too. For equity calculation purposes can I include it in my general property portfolio though?

Actually not that great.

If you wana record it the way he did it above... Mine's about $278,500 profit in 3 years on 3 properties.

Using the same method, including PPOR my Sydney/Central coast portfolio has conservatively appreciated $500k in 5 years on 4 places.

No inheritance either. Started with money saved from working in retail as a uni student ($12/hr), and tutoring (which paid thankfully better than retail)

And I'm not an aggressive investor either. So if this is what a mediocre effort can do... I'll take it...

I don't compare my portfolio to the magazines, I refine my strategy by learning from myself and people around me.

A friend made $300-400k in the last 6 months from 1 small subdivision, hardly any real investment experience prior. Just made a few phone calls to get the paperwork through council.

The land was only 2 minute drive from my parents house I live at in Sydney, yet I was spending 3 years by that point driving hours to find houses and renovated/built on them to make <$300k in 3.5 years. Didn't even think to look in my own area.

So >$300k with minimum effort in 6 months vs <$300k with a lot of hours put in over 3.5years.

That's when you know you haven't figured it out yet.

So >$300k with minimum effort in 6 months vs <$300k with a lot of hours put in over 3.5 years.

That's when you know you haven't figured it out yet.
+1
Magazines are always written in a manner to make something sound awesome.

There's so much more to learn and most of it is available for free if you just take the time to read through text on a computer screen which hasn't been professional written.

Nothing special about that portfolio, considering it took 10 years.

It would be more easier to comment if you knew the total debt, total value and rent.

Back