What is your ideal home?

1200m2 block single storey with ocean views, house at the rear with long driveway, massive amounts of reticulated palmetto lawn with a ride on mower for me. Electronic gate.

Gym, spa, large outdoor kitchen/entertaining, swim up bar, gpos that pop up from the polished concrete next to the couch so my gadgets can stay powered while I relax. Nanokote on all my glass so it never gets watermarked. 200m2 + garage.

Ideal spot is Trigg, but in the section just off West Coast Hwy halfway between Scarborough and Trigg for those other Perth people.

Willing to pay $1.5m for the block, and I will spend circa $1.2m on the build.

Not too fussy on the size/design of the house however I'd like to stay near the South-East QLD. I'd like somewhere half an hours drive away from civilisation so the night skies are dark for a large dob telescope. Enough land (700sqm) for a large herb and vegie garden.

Needs to be walking distance from pubs , cafes, beach.
Needs to have a cleaner (a cook would be nice as well?)
Needs to be a short drive to place of work/business/gym, or have enough room to have these things at home.

Otherwise, don't really care on design or location. I do prefer new over old though.

Basketball court, swimming pool, man cave with multiple screens for different sports and a fully equipped bar, water views, gym, office, kids rooms on a separate floor from parents main - throw in a butler, gardener, chef and nanny..... and all for free please.

Cheers

Jamie

+1

A home like this for me too please!

Have resided in our home now for coming on 30 yrs. it is a modest home on 700sqm overlooking the ocean with a 3.5 bay shed setup at rear. We are half way between Sydney and Brisbane on the NSW mid North coast. Climate is ideal and waterways pristine. Couldn't imagine living anywhere else.

I'd like a little house overlooking the beach/ocean and someone to cook/serve my meals and pack the dishwasher. things like a separate playroom for the kids, parent retreat etc only matter if I can't get the perfect location and therefore spend lots of time in the house.

As for the number of bedrooms, 1 would be fine. Our kids frequent our room most nights anyway so any more than that would be unnecessary.

Needs to be walking distance from pubs , cafes, beach.
Needs to have a cleaner (a cook would be nice as well?)
Needs to be a short drive to place of work/business/gym, or have enough room to have these things at home.

That ticks our boxes for ideal as well....So we bought it.

http://www.portobellobythesea.com.au/

We prefer an apartment in a resort over a house as we don't have to look after it. Our Body Corp fees are quite low for the size of our resort. Our resort is aimed at small families and couples and very rarely gets noisy. Out of 55 units just 3 are 3brm, 15 are 2brm and the rest are big 70m2 1 bedders with a good sized balcony. We have a BBQ and a 4 seat table/ chairs and still room to walk around.

Great pool which we use reasonably often. Across the road to the beach (and surf club), shops and gym are minutes away.

We are just 700m away from our factory. and we have something like 14 courtesy buses that will collect us if we want to go out for a wild night.

Our adult children are happy to crash on the sofa bed and they both visit at least once a year. (they are both interstate)

All in all we are pretty damn happy here :)

Top of the list is whatever makes the Mrs happy.

Beyond that, being walking distance to the shops, parks, and possibly school/s.

Low maintenance yard, an abundance of citrus trees, a raised garden bed, and blindingly fast internet (proper NBN, not the imitation stuff being rolled out now).

I like log homes. So something like this would be nice.

On a few hundred hectares of rough mountainous bushland, on one of the eastern coastal rivers, say the Barrington or similar.

See ya's.

Three weeks from now I'll be enjoying Christmas in Micronesia living on this:

Attachments

• A-TRUK-SIREN_652_389_90.jpg
    A-TRUK-SIREN_652_389_90.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 53
Geez you guys like big houses & land, so much work!

400-500sqm land, courtyard home. 3-4 bedroom. No grass. Small low maintenance garden with veggie patch, maybe a fruit tree. Undercover paved area outside, enough room for bbq & setting for 6-8 people. Near the beach, cafes & restaurants. Near a large park & walking tracks. Within 15km of CBD.

Price... 16.66 x annual rent of equivalent (e.g. 6% yield) would probably be ok.

I like small, quirky properties. A McMansion would be about the last thing on my mind.

The Car House in Adelaide (see also the write-up on Realestate.com.au) is one that appeals. One bedroom, a garage, and a striking piece of design.

The Oof Architecture designed Acute House, currently under construction in Albert Park, is another of my favourites. The plot was up for sale for about $500K a year or two ago.

I love that "car house". If I was building my ideal house I would aim for a square house with rooms around the edges and grassed area courtyard in the middle, or a three sided house with pool (or garden) forming the fourth side. I like the idea of being able to leave the whole of the internal part open in all weather, all day, and knowing nobody can just wander in.

If I built my own house, it would have to be "out there" and pretty unusual. I like quirky.

I've been lucky enough to find a street / estate to live in that I can see myself living in for a very long time. Has everything I want plus it's a great little community.

I love pretty much everything built by Ash Moseley but there's one particular house just down the road from me that was a display home for a few weeks. Fell in love with it so hopefully in a few years time when I have a couple of mil under my belt the current owners are ready to sell! When ;) we buy it I can't see myself wanting to be anywhere else.

I love that "car house". If I was building my ideal house I would aim for a square house with rooms around the edges and grassed area courtyard in the middle, or a three sided house with pool (or garden) forming the fourth side. I like the idea of being able to leave the whole of the internal part open in all weather, all day, and knowing nobody can just wander in.

If I built my own house, it would have to be "out there" and pretty unusual. I like quirky.

You'd like my house, Wylie. Square house with a pool in the middle then at the back there's an outdoor area under the roof line with no rear neighbours. Very private.

Back