What paperwork should I expect on handover of a brand new house?

Hi everyone

I am attending the handover of our new IP this week. It is a brand new built 4 x 2 house in Qld. I paid for a pre-handover building and pest inspection to be done and most everything passed with flying colours. There were a few vey minor defects that the builder has apparently already dealt with since the inspection. I will of course check up on these at handover.

What I'm not sure about, is what paperwork I should be expecting the builder to hand over to me? I assume I will receive warranty paperwork and instruction booklets to do with appliances in the house (eg. dishwasher, oven, etc...), but I am unclear what building and services related paperwork/certficates I should be expecting? If there is an existing thread/post that I have missed on this point please let me know, but I couldn't find any. Any feedback would be great. Thanks.

Angela :)

Certificate of occupancy will be the most important one you need.

Thanks for the reply. If this is the same as the Form 21 in Qld, then luckily this is the one thing I already have. The bank required this form before they would accept the final claim.

Is there other standard paperwork?

Hi all,

I have been searching for threads listing the paperwork you should receive on handover of a brand new house. I have come across this thread and all there is so far is the certificate of occupancy.

Other paperwork I can think of is
-warranty and manuals for all appliances

What other paperwork should be received on handover?

Back