What sets you apart from the RE whales?

I had a friend who used to work at ASIC. Judging from the way he worked, if anything happens with these reviews, I'd be pleasantly surprised.

Just like in Poker you only have to win on a few hands as long as you know which hands to hold and which to fold. You still can come out well in front even not winning your share of hands.

Not true. Being a hardcore poker player in my past life I can tell you that you want to win every hand, either by bluffing or actually having a better hand. If you just sit there and only play premium hands you’ll be easily made as a tight player and people will avoid getting into pots with you, so your probability of winning might be high, coz people will just fold to you as soon as you show some action, but your returns not so much as you'll most likely just pick up the blinds.

Not true. Being a hardcore poker player in my past life I can tell you that you want to win every hand, either by bluffing or actually having a better hand. If you just sit there and only play premium hands you’ll be easily made as a tight player and people will avoid getting into pots with you, so your probability of winning might be high, coz people will just fold to you as soon as you show some action, but your returns not so much as you'll most likely just pick up the blinds.

Kind of illustrates my point.

You lose more hands than you win using your stratagy of playing many of them but the ones you win you win big. Sure if you have the chance to lose a cheap hand and show poor cards all the better.

the initial speculation was you can make money even if you are winning less than 50% of the time. You just have to know when to fold being as important as knowing when to play. I guess it is the same decision really but I think people forget that a successfull night of poker is as much about what hands you played as what hands you folded on and when.

Depending on how many are sitting at the table has more impact on whether I go than anything else.

Back