What the!!

I just cant figure out people sometimes.....tenant calls PM & asks for the flyscreen on the windows to be replaced because bugs are getting in - I ask PM to get their handyman to replace & all should be good - or so you would think!! PM is now telling me that handyman replaced some but had to come back later with bigger ladder to reach top floor wondows (highset house) & now tenant wont allow access??

What the!! - he is only there because the tenant asked for something to be fixed!!
PM is going to issue a notice of entry but I have also told PM that its fine with me if they only want half the job done, just dont expect it to be completed later!

Ok rant over -

Cheers
Stella

Never mind Stella - at least your cashflow position is improving because of it. Anything to keep the Tenant happy. After all, they are your most valued customer. :)

Never mind Stella - Anything to keep the Tenant happy. After all, they are your most valued customer. :)

Seriously - I dont have a problem with repairs & keeping them happy - it is their home - but surely if they ask for something to be fixed they should realise they will have to let someone in the do the repairs????

Oh well....cant do much more than that - although I do wonder what they are thinking??

Cheers
Stella

LOL Stella... know what you mean. Hubby fits screens :) He got a call from one of our RE's to do some repairs to a house locally. So off he goes. :)

Rings the tenant and says he is coming to fix their screens. Great tenant is happy. THEN he turns up and knocks on the door. Well there was no way she was going to let him "just wander around the ourtside of the house"
He asked how he was supposed to fix the screens. She says" Don't care but you are not wandering around the house" So he leaves.

R/E then gets a call to inform them that the screen co "refused" to fix the screens :eek:

Luckily the PM we deal with knows us well and told the tenant to "get over it"
he "may" get to go back next week.

LOL - luckily you said locally otherwise I would have thought it was my tenant you were talking about.
That there is more than 1 person who thinks like this about repairs/access they have asked for scares me:eek:

Cheers
Stella

document it

Do you document the refusal to allow access - just in case the tenant tries to use "fails to maintain argument" at a residential tenancy tribunal.

Do you document the refusal to allow access - just in case the tenant tries to use "fails to maintain argument" at a residential tenancy tribunal.

Yeah I'm guessing this is why the PM is suggesting we head down teh "entry notice' line - to cover us in the future. Still seems strange considering the tenant asked for the repairs.

Not too sus about upstairs as that is where all the living & bedrooms are - could have done with new carpet & a paint when they went in so not too concerned yet with this being a reason.

At least they let the contractor in to replace the clothesline (requested at the same time as the screens) no problems.
Cheers
Stella

Yep most PM's we deal with lodge a failure to allow access.
As a tradie - we allow this to only happen once (per property)
eg: If hubby gets called back to this property and gets another refusal, we bill the agency(owner) a $50 call out fee. (We don't generally charge call out) As a business owner we know it sucks to charge the owner this fee, BUT it does cost us to have all the run around :mad:

Generally though, most tenants are pretty good. The number ONE reason for hubby not being able to gain access is dogs in the yard. He always does the "are there any dogs loose" line but many many MANY times he gets to the property to be confronted with a barking snarling "protector" :)

Back