Whats in a title?

A plant in Japan or China had a huge hole in the factory floor with no barrier around it. When the Co. was talking about workplace safety, they commented that, 'Why do we need to section it off? Everyone knows it's there. They'd be silly to go falling into it.'

Oh, how we differ culturally :)

It probably wasn't at Apple in China. They now use barriers, but on the outside of their highrise manufacturing plant, as people were falling off intentionally, due to lack of workplace protection laws.

hey - i own my own company. total of 1 employee ... me.

i guess that makes me the ceo ... and tea lady. sometimes being the tea lady is less stressful.

i remember, years ago, the massive upset in a place where i worked when one senior partner decided to give his "secretary" the title of "personal assistant". didn't all the other secretaries go into meltdown and demand equal titles - what a pathetic cat fight!

This intrigues me and has been brought up on the forum before.... the idea that a financial planner should somehow be a financial superman and be sitting on piles of money.

I find it a bit like saying that doctors never smoke or drink to excess because they know better.... but we all know that is not the case.

Wylie,

I am saying for Financial Planners to have had a career in the profession (i.e. a long time), they should be well off. They have there ticker on the pulse in daily activities and also have had what all financial planners go on about...... time on their side.

The earlier you start the bigger your nest egg!

I wonder how many of them would be struggling to get to the next pay cheque?

F

I'd bet money that the FP planner who talked a workmate into buying 2 Cairns apartments early last year, didn't take his own advice.

Apparently, he's very good, no DD required :(.

Back