Whats the average $$$ in a strata sinking fund?

Whats the average $$$ in a strata sinking fund?

i live in a red brick 1950's block of 12 units in sydney. Im reading through the notes for the annual meeting coming up and I notice there is only around $6000 in the sinking fund.

that doesnt seem much to me or is it?

i know they want to replace all the balustrades with a cost of over $30,000 . so i guess we might be having a special levy soon

Probably not too unusual but how much are the current levies? If they want to achieve the replacement asap then you will all be kicking the tin for $2.5k as a special levy otherwise they can raise the levies over 6 or 8 quarters to get closer to the required funds ie plan for replacement rather than reactive maintenance/replacement.

How much are the current running costs per quarter? Are the sinking & admin funds sufficient to cover insurances, lawn mowing, council rates, gutter cleaning, general maintenance, annual compliance issues etc?

I bought as unit that had $30 (no zeros emitted) for a block of 12. Another had $100,000 (big block but they had a big spend coming up so were building it up). I was happy as it didn't cost me anything.

Have they just done a big spend on something? Ask to see the 10 year plan to see what expenditure is projected then maybe increase the levies to get away from having a special levy later.

Back