What's the deal with Open Listings?

I'm looking at a couple of properties that are listed with multiple agents due to the slow market in QLD, anyway I was just wondering, if we want to have 2nd inspections/offer etc do we HAVE to do it through the agent who first showed us thru (we rocked up to an advertised open home) or can we contact one of the other agents the property is listed with?

I'm assuming its probably common courtesy, because if it doesn't end up a deal the initial agent might get dirty on us for other properties, or the 2nd agent might not ask/know we went through with someone else and then they claim half their commission?

I know it's not really our problem, more the agents...but I just wondered.

It's a brand new home already built if that makes any difference.

I'm looking at a couple of properties that are listed with multiple agents due to the slow market in QLD, anyway I was just wondering, if we want to have 2nd inspections/offer etc do we HAVE to do it through the agent who first showed us thru (we rocked up to an advertised open home) or can we contact one of the other agents the property is listed with?

I'm assuming its probably common courtesy, because if it doesn't end up a deal the initial agent might get dirty on us for other properties, or the 2nd agent might not ask/know we went through with someone else and then they claim half their commission?

I know it's not really our problem, more the agents...but I just wondered.

It's a brand new home already built if that makes any difference.

Not sure of the laws in Queensland but I know in NSW most contracts for sale would have a clause stating that the purchaser warrants they were not introduced to the property by another agent. Once you sign this it could then become your problem if there is a double commission claim.

Back