What's your daily reading?

Picked up the Fin Review for first time in a while last week and have ended up getting it every day since as I'm enjoying the reading.

Rest of my reading is online:
Somersoft
Courier Mail (quick scan)
The - RiotAct (great for if you want to know what's happening in Canberra)
Canberra Times (specifically looking for anything relating to Weston/Molonglo)
The Age (quick scan)
SMH or news.com.au (quick scan mostly rubbish)
The Australian
Couple of blogs (running, forex, finance, two personal friends)
Facebook (our business webpage and also check competitors)
Trithalon and Mountain bike forums (check where our events are and whether they're front page)

Lunchtime (if I've got time) quick check of Virgin Blue for their happy hour special

Am looking at getting a subscription to either The Markets again but not sure I'd get value yet

So what's your daily reading?

It can vary...I wont pigeon hole it all into 'daily' reading...more sporadic/opportunistic, some can be via internet, sites, University library papers/work, local library stuff, anything science, biographies, some autobiographies, economics, history, political, cultural, social studies etc.

One of many exciting things I got to do the other week was hang out in the Canberra National Library, 3 million books, a document and map room!

TED talk site is a favorite.

Weekend Age (vic) and Australian usually has something interesting.

Have worked my way through investing books.

Always have loved to read, big passion, always will.

Very rarely ever read any fiction, majority is non fiction.

Am a relatively fast reader, current books:

-The Little Green Handbook: A Guide to Critical Global Trends.. (Ron Nielson)

-March of Patriots Struggle for Modern Oz (Paul Kelly)

-Barassi life beyond the Legend (RB & Peter McFarlane)

-I Am Melba (Ann Blainey)

-Infidel & The Caged Virgin.. ( Ayaan Hirsi Ali)

-St Patrick's People (Tony Gray)

-Useful Mathematical & Physical Formulae (Matt Watkins)

-Tools for Thought: History and Future of Mind-Expanding Technology.. (Howard Rheingold)

Some great 2nd hand bookshops in Canberra.

...not all at once, and haven't listed my magazines..not so regular on them..

This place,

and a few pages of a novel in bed at night. Crime/murder mysteries mostly. Sorta like a movie; but without the Yank accents or ads.

Starting to get used to the idea of recording on the Foxtel IQ though ;). Finally; ad free tv - or as close as you can get to it.

Never read newspapers or magazines, and very occassionally watch the ABC and SBS news.

Used to read LOADS of investing stuff, but not anymore.

Occasionally pick up the RK books and have a squizz because I like the way his writing motivates me.

Gunna watch the 9/11 specials tonight. Dunno why.....macabre?

...actually a great site for world/life/stuff in photography is Boston, The Big Picture. At the moment they have 'Russia in color- a century ago'..frickin' incredibly beautiful. Interesting technique used at the time too:

With images from southern and central Russia in the news lately due to extensive wildfires, I thought it would be interesting to look back in time with this extraordinary collection of color photographs taken between 1909 and 1912.

In those years, photographer Sergei Mikhailovich Prokudin-Gorskii (1863-1944) undertook a photographic survey of the Russian Empire with the support of Tsar Nicholas II.

He used a specialized camera to capture three black and white images in fairly quick succession, using red, green and blue filters, allowing them to later be recombined and projected with filtered lanterns to show near true color images

Site is here:

http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/20..._century_ago.html?p1=Well_MostPop_Emailed4_HP

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back