What's your opinion on so-called smart meters?

Hi Lamingtons,

I'd like to the see the fineprint on terms and conditions as to why you would have to provide consent in writing or verbally to an electricity retailer for flexible pricing?

Anyhow your current smart meter would be a 501,look next to your meter number on your meter and it will have ie:meter code:501.Your current smart is read remotely but again you have to have it changed over to the 503 for flexible pricing.

There will be a surcharge involved but you may be able to have that waived or reduced.
Talk to your retailer again and if they don't offer flexible pricing,sign up with another retailer.If they offer flexible pricing,tell them you'll sign up with another retailer if they can't arrange your current 501 to be swapped over to a 503.

Another option is just to sign up with another retailer that offers flexible pricing and have the 501 replaced in the process.

Talk to a few retailers,you maybe able to get the 501 changed over to a 503 at no charge.1 Eg:Say to the retailer i spoke to another retailer said they'd install it for free if i sign up etc.

You do have to have an electrician to install but you don't have to pay an electrician.
Retailer is suppose to put through a service order request to your distributor in your area.A contractor for your distributor will do the swap over.

Hope this helps,

Cheers Spades.

smart meters are not smart, in fact the utility companies are getting dumber because of it.

In my newly built apartment, all the meter readings done by scanning, are all incorrect. THey bill us 100x more usage than they should have. THen they blame it on the machine saying the decimal point is wrong etc. Crap and a chance for them to rip us off.

Back