What's your personality type?

What's your MBTI?

• Total voters
I have a theory I'd like to test ;)
If you know your Myers-Briggs Type Indicator get polling!
If you'd like to know what you are, here's a short test.

For reference, the 16 types are:
  • The Supervisor (ESTJ)
  • The Inspector (ISTJ)
  • The Provider (ESFJ)
  • The Protector (ISFJ)
  • The Promoter (ESTP)
  • The Crafter (ISTP)
  • The Performer (ESFP)
  • The Composer (ISFP)
  • The Teacher (ENFJ)
  • The Counselor (INFJ)
  • The Champion (ENFP)
  • The Healer (INFP)
  • The Fieldmarshal (ENTJ)
  • The Mastermind (INTJ)
  • The Inventor (ENTP)
  • The Architect (INTP)

What type do you think makes good PI's?
What type do you "mesh" with the easiest?
What type do you avoid/avoids you?

This kind of stuff fascinates me (typical ENTP) :)

Prop: I also got INTJ, I wasn't going to bother posting the result but would be interesting to see the pattern of how many people scored similarly.

Wow, I'm really surprised that the majority are ' masterminds' so far.

After reading the description it seems to fit me to a T. I was reading along nodding and smiling at how accurate it was.

Well that's my entertainment for the night.

To be successful one must be able to wear all hats and wear each hat at the appropriate time. I don't believe that any successful person has one talent it takes many strings to make a symphony.

To be successful one must be able to wear all hats and wear each hat at the appropriate time. I don't believe that any successful person has one talent it takes many strings to make a symphony.

when I first did Myers-Briggs around 20 years ago, our trainer emphasised this point... I think his words were something like "maturity is choosing the right response in the right situation" and not being a "victim" of your personality.
I've also found MB to be very helpful in analysing how other people think and adjusting my communication to match.... but thats probably the "mastermind" in me coming out as well!!! :D

or is that masterming (as it says in the poll!;))

ISTJ - Introverted 11 Sensing 1 Thinking 62 Judging 11

My initial thought was the famous speech from John Kennedy Snr in the 1975 Grand Final. Don't think, do! Sheesh 61, too much thinking....

Last edited:
Introverted Intuitive Thinking Judging
44 12 38 44

Given the results of a recent "problem-solving" course and subsequent analysis, I'm surprised at the relatively low "Intuitive" score. But overall, fairly well-balanced, I'm thinking.

Extraverted Sensing Thinking Judging
Strength of the preferences %
22 1 25 22

Appears I am a Supervisor ESTJ hmmmm

Brian

My results were councelor

Your Type is
INFJ
Introverted Intuitive Feeling Judging

33 75 25 11

It sounds pretty much like me

Last edited:
Artist - Composer - big picture creative person that runs on gut instinct - not big on the detail ... but I knew that already from Cohen.

ISFP - Introvert Sensing Feeling and whatever the P was

Now, with great difficultly, I have to go away and study for an owner builder licence and write a financial business plan .... sooooooo not Artistic

I am extremely suprised and hate being categorised! So I did it.:p

INTJ- I am certainly no introvert. In fact, I am quite the opposite and much prefer to go to a party than read a book....yet I ended up with:

Introverted 11 - slightly expressed introvert. (This could not be more wrong)
Intuitive 75
Thinking 88
Judging 50

With the statement: You consider the scientific approach to be best...I needed another option: Depends.

I also prefer to mix with the friends I have than waste my time on "chit chat."
It's a matter of prioritising time, not a judgment on my social behaviour, in reference to introvert. I used to sing, I teach Boxing and prefer to lead. Not sure where I went wrong in this test! Maybe I need my own category.:rolleyes:

NBS, does your rating of 22 come under category Extraverted?

Masterminds are rare, comprising no more than one to two percent of the population,

They are all on SS LOL!

Regards JO

Glad I'm with the majority - INTJ Mastermind
But... way too much Introverted compared to everyone here :(
Introverted Intuitive Thinking Judging
78 25 38 22

Kyebosh:

What type do you think makes good PI's?

When it comes to money....:) who knows..

Guardians, yes, especially the Inspector Guardians are well represented within business/industry and finance, Warren Buffet for eg, Wilbur Ross, Rupert Murdoch, Hetty Green, JD Rockefeller being a few that come to mind. The ability to 'thoroughly get into'-but combined with an innate predisposition to 'act'-'to do'. Mary Kay is a Provider Guardian..

Some of the Rational business people:

Bill Gates (Mastermind)/Jack Welch (Fieldmarshal)/Steve Wozniak (Architect)/Steve Jobs (Inventor)/Paul Allen (Inventor)/George Soros (Architect)/Maria Montessori, Inventor/Mark Zuckerberg (Architect)

The 'creative' Artisan's can be just as wealthy, (Madonna), but a few more mainstream business, John Paul Getty (Promoter) Julia Child, Performer/ Tony Robbins, (promoter)/Donald Trump (Promoter)/Charles Lindbergh (Crafter)

The Idealists way less represented, gets into people like Jane Goodall, Margaret Mead, Gandhi, Schweitzer etc...

What type do you "mesh" with the easiest?

While life and stuff has taught me to 'get along' (remember fundamentally I am hardwired with the diplomatic type brain), whom I 'enjoy' the most are clever Rationals. I love their intelligence specialties, natural inclination to technology, sciences, reason, learning, abstract conversational abilities...etc Not to say I do not appreciate other personality types, it takes all kinds.

What type do you avoid/avoids you?

Challenges can occur b/w any temperaments. I know, and am friends with all temperament types...they each bring unique qualities to our friendship(s).

This kind of stuff fascinates me (typical ENTP)

Me too.

Just on the playing of our hand, (hat wearing), our temperament being our 'strongest hand' we naturally play, but it is possible to play the other roles..it is possible to argue intelligence not so much defined by IQ tests, but our ability to pre-empt->act/co-work/contend and respond. 'To learn...'

Back