What's your situation?

Both our IP's are on variable.....One 7.04 as of yesterday and another 7.64......Bring on December's meeting.....What is everyone's guess? 0.25? 0.5?

Cheers
Ems

Checking the Cannex site for the past month or so & I notice the 5 year fixed rate has not been dropping, the major banks are from 7.39% to 7.99%

The 1 , 2 & 3 year fixed rates have been droppiong but not the 5 year, I assume they think rates wont stay low for long??

Spud

who offers 10 years fixed? i can only seem to find the maximum of 5 years with the big boys. or it is special, non-advertised, ask and yee shall receive type of deal?

Hi Ems,

I've made a bold prediction of 1.25% and surprisingly several forumites must be as deluded as me, ( :p ) as a number have agreed with me on this seemingly high target. Just takes into account the fact that they don't meet in January. Not particularly worried though so long as there is a cut. If it is not this percentage this time it will soon be followed with more.

I am getting more concerned about the distinct lack of rate cuts for longer term fixed periods. Any brokers care to give their thoughts about when/if these 5/7/10yr periods may/may not follow through?

Regards Jodie

Both variable, but not to save money on monthly repayments - just because of the break fees, because we are likely to pay either or both loans out very very early. With our situation, which is normally self-employed but just coming out of a long break to create a small destructive humanoid, looks like we won't be able to get any more lodocs until we've got our earnings way up or the LVR way down.

Current grand plan is just maximising income. Get the PPoR loan down, get the IP rented out, and get the IP debt down to well under $50k. Then at least if we miss out on the COMET grant for whatever reason (and I can think of several), we can at least loan 60% for a big business kickstart. Seems a shame to sell something that will be so positively geared if we have the option to lend againt it instead.

My PPoR is more of a liability than an asset though, really need to just pay that out and be done with it.

I fixed my first a couple of years ago at around 7%
its almost neutral to hold as it is now so not worried, my 2nd is variable, purchased a few months ago and spoke to my broker who tells me I can fix at any time for $300 so I will when I feel the market has bottomed out,

my 3rd which Im currently on the hunt for will be variable until I fix the other loan at what I think id bottom. cashflow is good for me right now.

PPOR is variable at 7.43 IO (and will be gone by end 2010 or sooner)
IP 1 fixed at 8.64 IO for 5 years (oh silly silly silly)
IP 2 variable currently at 7.43 IO

Back