What's your VedaScore?

Mike I've got a VedaScore in the mid 600's, however I've got a lot of unused unsecured credit (enough to buy a crap place out in western syd).

Since I'm over 620, but with my debts revealed to all banks, do you think I may get auto-approval for future home loans from the big 4 banks?

Having a unused unsecured credit ( im going to presume a personal loan ) is not preferred and will depending on the LVR + how much genuine savings you have.

Auto approve by computer= Just means the file has now an opportunity to go through to the "credit assessors" doesn't mean it's 100% unconditionally approved. The computers credit scoring and veda credit score is only to combe the "bad and good files" before they spend their resources and time on the file. ( There' a big difference btw CREDIT file/vedascore approval and full LOAN approval)

They will ask questions about your unsecured loans ( im guess it's a personal loan?) but at least this gives you an opportunity to "explain" your unused debt and your situation as most likely your file will be conditionally approved.

Most borrowers who are rejected just wants an opportunity to explain their story, and this is what conditional auto approvals allow you to do.

there's 3 level of computer approvals,

1. Auto approved/conditional approval= as above and file is normally given to a staff members who just "ticks" the box of each conditions and sends it off for approval.

2. Referred or manually referred = As above, but the file is assessed more thoroughly and with a more senior credit assessor

3. Declined- No opportunity to explain, and even if you get this overturned it will go into Referred or manually referred which is also a pain in the ***.

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
I just received a copy of my personal report and it doesn't list any score at all.

Same here Terry, don't understand this as I used to have a credit score of 1100?? just kidding ;)
Not sure why no score now, anyone know this???

So, I thought the whole credit scoring thing was changing to positive credit scoring, so why are all my applications for credit still listed on there (I know they're meant to be, but I don't understand why as I thought that was part of negative credit scoring)?

Can I get rid of credit inquiries where I didn't take up the credit offered to improve my score?

I wouldn't obsess over it. Let's not forget that all banks have their own credit scoring system so the Vedascore is at best a crude measurement of how your application will be received by a lender.

Mines over nine thousand!?!

images

I'm not sure what my score is, but I do have guitar amps that go up to 11. :cool:

Now that my type of Score , though last time I cranked mine up by daughter was quick to rush down and tell me to turn it off?. Oh how things change .:eek:

I only have one amp , Fender Delux Reverb Amp . Not as loud as the Classic twin reverb but it's a recording amp which is why I got it . But I do have more than one guitar ?. Can't make up my mind which guitar I like playing through it the most , The Strat or the Tele ( american standards ) though at the moment by Favourite guitar is my Taylor Acoustic .

Cliff

I don't think you can... too many credit hits?

Yeah, stupidly went and got finance approval for a place before auction, bank stuffed it up and did three credit hits on my credit report, would like to at least get rid of two of them and improve my score even if it is only slightly.

748 for me and 714 for my partner. I get score updates monthly and am set to get a new one in the next few days. Partner got new one yesterday and has gone up about 10 points from last month.

Yeah, stupidly went and got finance approval for a place before auction, bank stuffed it up and did three credit hits on my credit report, would like to at least get rid of two of them and improve my score even if it is only slightly.

Curious what happenswhen banks stuff up like this.how can you fix something like this

So where i can find the actual score.
I don't want to sign up to some service and then forget to cancel it and be charged.

Back