When 1310720 pixels just isn't enough

Sim

Administrator
For all the Mac fans (and wannabe Mac fans) out there ... this is what you should aspire to.

Check out this photo of Simon Hackett's Desk - Simon is the MD of Internode ... my preferred ISP.

The 30" Apple cinema display has a resolution of 2560 x 1600 pixels ... giving a total count of 4,096,000 pixels - and when you have two of them running as one very large virtual desktop, you get 8,192,000 pixels - 6.25 times the resolution as my little 17" LCD screen at 1280x1024.

If you have to ask how much they cost, then you can't afford it anyway !

... and no, I don't own any. Yet. :D

Sim said:
The 30" Apple cinema display has a resolution of 2560 x 1600 pixels ... giving a total count of 4,096,000 pixels - and when you have two of them running as one very large virtual desktop, you get 8,192,000 pixels - 6.25 times the resolution as my little 17" LCD screen at 1280x1024.

I feel soo inadequate now :(

Sim said:
For all the Mac fans (and wannabe Mac fans) out there ... this is what you should aspire to.

Check out this photo of Simon Hackett's Desk - Simon is the MD of Internode ... my preferred ISP.

If you have to ask how much they cost, then you can't afford it anyway !

... and no, I don't own any. Yet. :D

This is eerie, in that my friend told me what his computer set up was, and now I see it on the Internet. :eek:

Not surprisingly, his desktop picture is a glider...

For all interested, for memory, it's powered by a Dual 2.0 GHz Power Mac G5. May have been updated to the 2.5 GHz model, I don't know...

Whatever it is, that is some serious screen real estate. :D

The rollovers are added by a snazzy proprietary flash app that flickr.com built which lets you annotate photos.
Flickr.com have had some pretty serious traffic growth and they just got bought by Yahoo last month.

Back