When self doubt creeps in

Very true - maybe I've been in this game to long and didn't explain it enough for a beginner ... a good property is one under value, where you can add value/rent by a quick reno, in a strong location etc

When are you having your ss interview? I would like the read.:)

I'm mid 30,s now married happy great job and a 13 month old boy.

Wonderful

Today 6 years into my investing journey I have 4 properties, 3 incomes

Wonderful

Currently my portfolio costs about $50 per week and my PPOR is only a little more. So basically no pressure to sell.

Wonderful

far far from some of the success stories on here.

And this is the self doubt bit.

Hmmm? What happened?

At times I question why I have done what I done. I know I have laid the foundation for growth but its too distant to see yet.

I know this is not uncommon and I figure doubt is ok as long as I don't sell everything in disgust. Just wondering how others push through.
How do others stay motivated to stay on the path

Devo, Self doubt and lack of contentment can strike us all at times. It's a negative force that has roots deep in our psyche.
It appears to me that you have laid a great foundation for you and your family. Be patient with the properties mate and the fruit will come with time. Perhaps it may be worth taking a bit of a breather from property and enjoy that good job, happy marriage and young fella. ;)

All the best mate, :)

Great replies everyone. Nice to hear its normal to " review" your chosen path.
This subdivision has taken it out of me and I have worked hard for every penny I will make out of it. Lots involved and its tired me. I will turn off for a few months and detach a bit when the dust settles.
Might actually consider some additions to my PPOR to improve the home life.( read that as a BIG SHED) and then jump back in fresh.

Cheers

Cheers for the replies everyone. I have had what I feel are modest and achievable plans when I started.
That is to achieve about $1,500 per week in disposable income for retirement in my early 50,s. not interested in pulling the pin much earlier.
Basically I would need about 6 average houses paid for to achieve this.
Still achievable but accumulation has been slow the last year or so during the subdivision and build.
Currently my portfolio costs about $50 per week and my PPOR is only a little more. So basically no pressure to sell.
Like I said just a small bit of doubt creeping in after this drawn out period.
Nothing has really changed and I'm not far off my plan. Another 20% CG would kill the doubt I think so just have to sit tight and trust I have done the right thing. I know I need more time in the game. I sure as hell don't want to be that person that talks with regret about what they sold and what they would be worth if they didn't sell.

Cheers

Alot of the time you will hear people tell you that properties grow/double every 7-10years, the part that doesn't get discuss to often is that alot of the properties will grow at a small rate or even backwards for longer periods but then have a few good years together that make it into a good long term purchase.

Think back to why you originally purchase the properties, do you think that it still has the same growth potential. If you do then continue on, if not re-evaulate if it's costing you to stay and money could be invested better elsewhere then move.

I'm guessing you will find that you still back your original reasons for purchasing :)

Great replies everyone. Nice to hear its normal to " review" your chosen path.
This subdivision has taken it out of me and I have worked hard for every penny I will make out of it. Lots involved and its tired me. I will turn off for a few months and detach a bit when the dust settles.
Might actually consider some additions to my PPOR to improve the home life.( read that as a BIG SHED) and then jump back in fresh.

Cheers

Great choice Devo.

Enjoy life - it is too short, and the important moments are often fleeting.

Take pride in what you have achieved.

Back