When the news goes viral

The internet exploded with virtual cheers for the colourful US dishwasher who helped three young women flee a decade in captivity.

Videos of Charles Ramsey telling reporters how he helped Amanda Berry escape went viral on YouTube, as did a not-safe-for-work recording of his salty 911 call to police who subsequently found two other kidnap victims.

"Bro, I knew something was wrong when a little pretty white girl ran into a black man's arms," Ramsey told local ABC affiliate WEWS television outside the crime scene, a nondescript two-story house at 2207 Seymour Avenue in Cleveland, Ohio

Charles Ramsey Interview

Reminds me of the Antoine Dodson interview

And the Remix version

Dodson had launched a website in which he asks for donations to assist his family in moving "out of the hood."[10] The money, as well as money from sales of "Bed Intruder" on iTunes and merchandise such as T-shirts, will go to helping his family buy a new home and setting up a foundation for juvenile diabetes, a disease that has afflicted both his sister and his mother.[11] In August 2010, Dodson noted the irony of having "a hit on iTunes, but we're still in the projects";[12] one month later, Us Weekly reported that Dodson had made enough money from the song to move his family out of the projects to a better house

Wiki

Is it me?

Don't answer - I know it's me.

When I hear the term "it's going viral" I make a point of never going near whatever the viral thing is that the whole world simply must know about/watch.

I did make an exception for "Gang-nam Style" though...watched it a few hundred times....the Asian girls had nothing to do with it either.

Back