Where do we seek assistance?

Hi all,

As this is my first post I would like to take the opportunity to thank everybody for all the great information given in this forum, it is really fantastic.

I just have one question as I am not quite sure who will be of most help to me.

We currently pay a mortgage on our PPOR.
We want to buy a new PPOR and turn old one into an IP.

Who do we get the most help from regarding loans and whether to sell current PPOR to a trust (as we don't owe that much on it anymore) and how we go about it all in the most tax efficient way?

An accountant?
A financial planer?
A mortgage broker?

I appreciate your anwers to this question as I am just not sure who to contact first.

Thanks,
Goldfish

I would say go to an accountant and then when you know what you want to buy or refinance go to a mortgage broker to execute that plan.

not sure why you would go to a financial planner... they are only salesmen for managed funds

We currently pay a mortgage on our PPOR.
We want to buy a new PPOR and turn old one into an IP.

i would also sugget you get yourself a property-savvy accountant. selling a house to a trust to release tax deductable funds to buy a new ppor is a bit of an ato minefield.

Reply from SE QLD

Welcome to the SS Forum Goldfish!

Quite agree with Ausprop (re financial planners) & Lizzie (property savvy accountant). A good mortgage broker is an absolute must, and finally a good property manager once you've settled the property and you exisiting PPOR is an IP.

Most of these persons are lurking here in the Forum......

Thanks

Thanks for your answers.

I will arrange to see both an accountant and a mortgage brooker.

I do however find it really hard to obtain information from the web about what the different accountants are good at.

Does anybody know about a property savvy one in ACT?

Thanks,

G

Back