Where to place income and rental income

Hi fellow investors.
I currently have multiple I.P,s( 4) and have a LOC attached to one of the properties. All of the properties are in my name and are not crossed.
I currently have all of my income and rents going into the LOC and then loans from the bank(CBA), and incidentals such as rates etc come out of the LOC, the remaining running costs I like to come out of my credit card so that I can earn a few points at the travel agent.

My question is how do other investors ?transact? so to speak with their I.P,s, I set it up this way for ease of operation,but these properties can now stand on their own, so I was thinking of putting all of the rents and my income into one of the offsets and continue to live off my credit card and swipe it once a month, or alternatively I can have the rents and outgoings go into each property offset, which is just marginally more complicated but with the ease of Bpay etc these days, not a real issue.

I look forward to how other investors with a few properties or more handle the more intricate day to day transactions.

Thanks

I have all rent, mortgage payment and expenses going in and out of my ppor offset

^ What Dave said.

All Rental,salary, cash and after tax income - sits in PPOR offset.
ALl borrowed funds( ie equity) should sit in it's own mortgage or seperate offset account

Hi fellow investors.
I currently have multiple I.P,s( 4) and have a LOC attached to one of the properties. All of the properties are in my name and are not crossed.
I currently have all of my income and rents going into the LOC and then loans from the bank(CBA), and incidentals such as rates etc come out of the LOC, the remaining running costs I like to come out of my credit card so that I can earn a few points at the travel agent.

This is generally not a good idea as if you ever take money out of the LOC for personal expenses you will end up with a mixed purpose loan and create apportioning problems and also lose tax deductions.

Back