Which capital city do you live nearest to and/or spend the most time in?

Which capital city do you live nearest to and/or spend the most time in

• Sydney

Votes: 29 21.2%
  • Melbourne

Votes: 32 23.4%
  • Brisbane

Votes: 34 24.8%
  • Perth

Votes: 14 10.2%
  • Adelaide

Votes: 10 7.3%
  • Canberra

Votes: 9 6.6%
  • Hobart

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Darwin

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other

Votes: 5 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sydney was my closest capital city (although a 3+ hour drive) prior to this year.

Brisbane is now my closest capital city although I have only been there once since moving to the Sunshine Coast.

Sunshine

The results are interesting. You'd think the results should roughly reflect the population spread in Australia. Something about Queensland that makes people turn to property?
Alex

Property has been so good to us that now we can live in Queensland ;)

Sunshine

I'm surprised; I thought this forum was over-run with banana benders before this poll.
I was starting to feel like the odd one out for a while.

Sydney for me on the outskirts. I try to avoid going too close though. Just hate the traffic. Although poor Hubby works right in the centre.

1. I am presently located at the outskirt in Perth since 2003 though I personally hope to eventually settle down in the Goldcoast area and retire there.

2. I may consider relocating down to Wollongong next in 2008/2009 period so as to supervise my new housing investments/new building project.

Cheers,
Kenneth KOH

I was expecting a graph similar to population per city, Syd no doing as well as I thought it would.

Must be something to do with retire move to GoldCoast or Brisvegas.

cheers
from sleepy little Adelaide
quoll

Exactly!! Compared to what??

The rest of the world I guess. Australia is a bit of a backwater, and Sydney is sortof the least worst place. I grew up here so maybe I'm used to it, and it's all relative anyway. But, there's a lot of cool stuff out there that never makes it to Aus.

Back