Which purchase and borrowing costs can be capitalized into loan?

I'd be interested too ........particularly in terms of what I've seen Rixter talking about where (I think) all his loans are >100% LVR. Are banks lending in this fashion only when it's equity based finance and they can basically cover the extra 5-7% by upping their security on the other property that is providing the "equity deposit"??

Hopefully I made some sense :rolleyes:

Ed

G'Day

Generally the maximum Loan to Value Ratio for a particular loan product or a particular lender is the limit.

For most lenders that would mean you could borrow eg 95%LVR and that 95% could include any costs you like. Some lenders will assess servicability to 95% but then lend the borrower a bit more money to pay the LMI premium, and cap that at 97% but not assess serviceability on the extra amount.

That sort of arrangement is very helpful when the borrower is running right to the $1 surplus per month model.

Even for the 106%LVR loan products the limit is very definitely 106% - and depending on the value of the purchase the borrower may still end up contributing some money towards the purchase.

So the short answer is: depends on the loan product, the lender's policies, and how close to the wind you're sailing with serviceability!

Cheers

Kristine

Back