Which state do you think will fall the most in the next 2 years ?

In which state(s) do you think prices will fall the most in the next 2 years ?

• Queensland

Votes: 14 14.6%
  • New South Wales

Votes: 11 11.5%
  • Victoria

Votes: 8 8.3%
  • Tasmania

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • South Australia

Votes: 4 4.2%
  • Western Australia

Votes: 36 37.5%
  • Northern Territory

Votes: 7 7.3%
  • ACT

Votes: 6 6.3%
  • Not expecting any to fall

Votes: 21 21.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Contrary to some, I'm expecting price falls.
Which state (if any) do you think will fall the most in the next 2 years ?

I give up. My crystal ball must need some maintenance. Which state? and is it going to make any difference.
A millionaire mentor once told me, you get what your subconscious expects.
Maybe some food for thought.

pretty strange results... in the midst of a financial crisis and Sydney has recieved one vote! (mine). Sydney follows WA, as WA is primary industry. Obviously secondary industry comes after primary industry. WA was first into this downturn and it will be the first out. I honestly don't know when financial services will be a big industry again...10, 20 years?

I honestly don't know when financial services will be a big industry again...10, 20 years?

Money lending will always be around, but none of the retail banks were called Millionaires Factory and for good reason. Only a small number at the top make big money. The rest are simply "Indians" and are paid accordingly.

Financial engineering however has gone for now, possibly for ever. Macquarie and B&B [type of] stock may never again be highly regarded and the banking and financial sector of the ASX will never again make up such a large segment of the AllOrds. JP Morgan Chase, Bank of America and GS may not survive.

With the quantitive easing we are witnessing there will be another asset bubble but it will be a new one. Those who pick it early will be the next gen millionaires.

Contrary to some, I'm expecting price falls.
Which state (if any) do you think will fall the most in the next 2 years ?
The question is does it matter in the longterm clarity of things,from my experience 2 years in investing goes very quickly and a lot can change in money terms,some area's in Brisbane have gone backwards while others are still going upwards just depends on so many factors,Queensland is my vote..imho..willair..

11 votes , and no posts :D thats funny!
i would'nt have put A.C.T in theirs no need:D

Sorry craigb, I admit it. I accidently left out ACT on my poll. When I set up the pole I had drank some Coopers Sparkling. I think it's the extra bubbles or something but it gets me silly. I'll have to stay away from the computer next time!!

I think WA is close to the bottom. Fingers crossed Bris will go down so I can afford a property there. My guess is Melbourne.

. I honestly don't know when financial services will be a big industry again...10, 20 years?

Hopefully financial services will never ever be as big as it was. 40% of the ASX :eek: What an embarrasment.!

18 months ago will go down as the all time high bubble in that industry.

See ya's.

Sorry craigb, I admit it. I accidently left out ACT on my poll. When I set up the pole I had drank some Coopers Sparkling. I think it's the extra bubbles or something but it gets me silly. I'll have to stay away from the computer next time!!

I think WA is close to the bottom. Fingers crossed Bris will go down so I can afford a property there. My guess is Melbourne.

Don't worry! just a tease!as we all know i leave half of the english language out of most of my posts,:eek:HA,HA!

With the quantitive easing we are witnessing there will be another asset bubble but it will be a new one. Those who pick it early will be the next gen millionaires.

is it an asset class with yield tho? I have had a belly full of low yielding assets

I'm surprised about the results on QLD. There's still a lot of ppl migrating here from interstate and overseas. All our tenants are migrants and we just sold our house to Poms that have just migrated here.

I think QLD prices are ok. You can still buy houses here under $400k.

Sydney and Melb, well considering that's where a lot of the jobs are and corporate head office are..I don't know.

I would say all the other states.

Prices in QLD have already corrected...with the boom we were just catching up to Mlb and Syd and there's still a fair way to go yet.

It's hard not to love Qld, we had beautiful weather this long weekend.

Do you think I know? I might but I would not want to spoil your fun by telling. :D

Jim Puplava is willing to voice an opinion though:
http://www.netcastdaily.com/broadcast/fsn2009-0502-3b.mp3

makes complete sense to me but is completely at odds with the results of this poll!

it also happens to fit nicely into the direction of where my property portfolio is headed - not that I am looking to build the portfolio but it needs a readjustment. haven't been taking my own advice for too long.

Wategos, are we talking biggest $ or % fall?
It could well make a big difference to the results one way or another.

Gools

makes complete sense to me but ......
You must be referring to Puplava, not me. :)

I have listened to thousands of hours of his netcasts and he is of no use to market timers. He is too general and too far ahead of the real market. You could go broke waiting for that to catch up if you aggressively followed his "tips".

But he could prevent you making a fatal mistake. :D

Wategos, are we talking biggest $ or % fall?

% falls. Thanks for your replies. Looks like WA is the winner (loser?). Time will tell.

Personally I'd like to see some decent falls even if that damages the value of properties I own, since I'd like to buy again in the future and it seems too risky at current levels for passive investors.

You must be referring to Puplava, not me. :)

correct

I have listened to thousands of hours of his netcasts and he is of no use to market timers. He is too general and too far ahead of the real market. You could go broke waiting for that to catch up if you aggressively followed his "tips".

But he could prevent you making a fatal mistake. :D

as long as the investment is cashflow neutral then time is on your side.

strangely enough I have been too far ahead of the market myself on many occasions. then I give up, sell out and then my forecast eventuates to my sheer frustration.

Not expecting any fall. My take on it? FHBs are dragging down the average price at present. When the FHOG stops, the effects of the Ruddy cash handout will start to be realised. In addition, the pendulum will swing from gloom thoughts to boom thoughts (before you all jump on the bandwagon about unemployment) and the recovery will commence. Yes there may be a flat period but I personally believe the bottom has been reached. As i've said before, a lot of what is going on here in Oz has to do with confidence.

I see this period presenting major opportunities. Similar to those offered during the 90s which I overlooked. Now I am older and wiser, i'm gonna take this downturn by the scruff of its neck and milk it for all it's worth.

Look back through history and you'll see cycles. This is just another one. If you have the right mindset, willing to hang on for the ride, then you'll come out of it much better off.

Project 1080.

The project: 10 IPs in 80 mths.

Back