Who day trades?

I have been a fulltime day trader for almost 10 years.

Initially I learned the basics through reading plenty of books and over time I developed a methodology that works effectively. It has been a slow process, but worthwhile. Although I label myself as a day trader I also hold trades for multiple days at times. I trade mostly australian equities, indices and CFDs.

Nowadays I also teach others how to trade along with trading my own funds.

I have been a fulltime day trader for almost 10 years.

Initially I learned the basics through reading plenty of books and over time I developed a methodology that works effectively. It has been a slow process, but worthwhile. Although I label myself as a day trader I also hold trades for multiple days at times. I trade mostly australian equities, indices and CFDs.

Nowadays I also teach others how to trade along with trading my own funds.
I would be interested to know how you outraded everyone Over 440% In 2 Months.

I would be interested to know how you outraded everyone Over 440% In 2 Months.

I was very actively trading during this period and managed to get some very nice breakout trades. I also had some losses in there (as all traders do!), but the number 1 rule of trading is cutting these losing trades quickly and let the winners run. I did this very effectively over this period.

My strategy today is still very similar to the strategy I employed during that trading competition, my rules of trading are not overly difficult, and in fact very straight forward. Discipline is the key.

I was very actively trading during this period and managed to get some very nice breakout trades. I also had some losses in there (as all traders do!), but the number 1 rule of trading is cutting these losing trades quickly and let the winners run. I did this very effectively over this period.

My strategy today is still very similar to the strategy I employed during that trading competition, my rules of trading are not overly difficult, and in fact very straight forward. Discipline is the key.
That's the way I see it ,,every ,,uptrend or downtrend only ever differs from timing and trying to get timing right is that hard part just another ?
in what year did you make the 400%,i'm just interested as I have had several go above 900% from listing but that is over many years, I only target banks and not only the big 4 players..imho..

That's the way I see it ,,every ,,uptrend or downtrend only ever differs from timing and trying to get timing right is that hard part just another ?
in what year did you make the 400%,i'm just interested as I have had several go above 900% from listing but that is over many years, I only target banks and not only the big 4 players..imho..

I made over 440% in 2 months in 2007. Yes this was a bull market, but this period was actually bit of a churn in the market and not really trending. I made money going both long and short in the competition.

I was trading mostly asx top 200 stocks. The basic principles are the same for small caps through to large caps. Most of my trades were 2-4 days of holding.
So in essence I look to catch the fast moves then reinvest elsewhere and catch the next move etc.

These imminent fast moves can become quite predictable once you get the hang of it, and in fact your risk of exposure to the market is lowered with a shorter time frame.

will - i made 2660% in 3 months on 6 trades total.

very, very possible.

Hi,
I used to do day trades not anymore as a few years ago I got extremely burnt and lost a lot of money so did not do my confidence well so I just stick to property as it has served me well.

Macca446

Bet the "stop losses" were going beserk over the last 2 days as the ASX took a dive.

Could be time to pick up some cheap yield stocks?

With regard to day/short term share trading, could anyone in here recommend a good book to start on to learn more about the process?

Back