Is it -

• economists
  • the press
  • industry commentators
  • successful people
  • forumites known to be successful
  • real estage agents
  • or who ?
Who do you listen to, how much of a vested interest do they have & how do you allow for it ?

keithj said:
Another thread (mentioning economists) raised the question -

Who do you listen to ?

[/b]

The voices inside your head.
The vested interest they have is worth pursuing.

regards

Jakk said:
The voices inside your head.
The vested interest they have is worth pursuing.

regards

Not bad hehe.

A wise men told me once that my income this year is easily predictable. I must add up the income of my 5 closest friends, and divide it by 5. That he said, will be my income this year :D

Keithj

I listen to everyone, and then the hard part kicks in. Working out which info you want to act on.

I guess I listen to myself and the wife. Once we have opinions form those you listed.

None of them care how my finances go, If I screw up it doesn't affect them, therefore you need to listen to them but not act on one set of info.

cheers
quoll

XBenX said:
I listen to everyone (with a healthy level of skepticism)
I think Ben has it. You could even read international macro-economics if you really want to make a meal of it. LOL

Thommo

ps America sneezes, Australia catches cold!

I listen to everbody and read all, then I make a call based on this analysis and some 'gut feel'.
Normally the 'gut feel' wins out !
I have also found information from valuers to be very useful.

KI

I also listen to everyone and of late especially sertain forum and ex-forum members and then mentally process all the info.

Sometimes all the informormation and differing views confuses the heck out of me though. Any suggestions? :confused:

Cheers :rolleyes:

House_Keeper said:
Same for me.

I would rank successful people and successful forum members as having the highest credibility though.

But how do you know who are the forum people to listen to ?

There was a classic example on ( I think ) hot copper where at one time , about the top four posters were revealed to be the same person , and that person was a teenage in school. " They" were considered to know what they were doing.

I think Ben is spot on.

See Change

see_change said:
But how do you know who are the forum people to listen to ?

There was a classic example on ( I think ) hot copper where at one time , about the top four posters were revealed to be the same person , and that person was a teenage in school. " They" were considered to know what they were doing.

I think Ben is spot on.

See Change
I am always suspicious of newcommers on threads. I'm sure SS has had some school kids. They don't hang around tho because of moderation here.

T

see_change said:
There was a classic example on ( I think ) hot copper where at one time , about the top four posters were revealed to be the same person , and that person was a teenage in school.
Maybe Acey, Sim, Rolf and myself are the same person? That would have been very awkward on those occasions where we've met each other.

geoffw said:
Maybe Acey, Sim, Rolf and myself are the same person? That would have been very awkward on those occasions where we've met each other.

Hadn't thought of that geoff , but now that you mention it , there are some similarities. :cool:

See Change

madmurf said:
Geoffw

If they were all the same they would need to have your sense of humour which is not the case.

Cheers :)

Maybe they do have his sense of humour, but they figure one is enough ....

See Change

geoffw said:

Is there a place where people here physically meet (looks about secretively)? If so, is it a secret handshake kinda deal (the stone masons strike again), or is there a social party thread I've missed out on :(

hrhpablo said:
Is there a place where people here physically meet (looks about secretively)?
Acey is in Canberra, like myself. We have regular meetings down here, as they do in Sydney. From time to time, people get to Sydney for meetings, sometimes other cities as well. Sim and Rolf, amongst others, have been to Canberra for events as well.

There has been the Somersoft Pub Crawl, but that hasn't happened for a while :(

geoffw said:
Acey is in Canberra, like myself. We have regular meetings down here, as they do in Sydney. From time to time, people get to Sydney for meetings, sometimes other cities as well. Sim and Rolf, amongst others, have been to Canberra for events as well.

There has been the Somersoft Pub Crawl, but that hasn't happened for a while :(

Last time people crawled out to Castle Hill :)

http://www.somersoft.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19156

See Change

Back