Who do you listen to ?

geoffw said:
Acey is in Canberra, like myself. We have regular meetings down here, as they do in Sydney. From time to time, people get to Sydney for meetings, sometimes other cities as well. Sim and Rolf, amongst others, have been to Canberra for events as well.

And sometimes those of us in Canberra go to other places as well :)

There are also regular meetings in Brisbane and Melbourne and were for awhile in Adelaide (Ducklings still going?)

BTW Geoff is nothing like me - he's blue and hairy all over (and you think I'm referring to his avatar!)

Cheers,

Aceyducey

Sultan of Swing said:
Did this pub crawl ever eventuate and if so, how many turned up?

:)

I seem to remember quite a few being there.

Yuch & MichaelG
Quiggles
DaleGG & Mrs GG
Jas
Nicholas H
giraffe
PaulZag
Les
Rob & Tracey
The Wife
See_Change & family (met us for dinner afterwards)
and of course, Sim'

There was another guy in the photos I have that I couldn't recognise too (Owen ? Seamus ?). I think there may have been one or two others who came and went during the day as well.

I still have the autographed t-shirt from the event :cool:

And, added to that list, I distinctly remember JoannaK was there too....
(very impressive lady) and I'm sure the number was nearer 20 - so there must've been others that Sim and I have missed.....

Anyone else putting their hand up?

And, yes, I still have the T-shirt too.

Regards,

PS Might be time to DO IT AGAIN !!!!!!!

Hi All
I listen regulary to a CD series by Nepolen Hill.
I found his book good but thanks to the wonders of modern science his CD's really are for me, eternal.
Kind regards
Simon
PS I think Geoff W knows the details of how and where to get a copy.

Thanks GeoffW
Those CD's have really made enormous difference to my thinking and I highly recomend them as a priority to any serious investor.
IMHO,the wisdom within is truly timeless :)
Simon

Les said:
And, added to that list, I distinctly remember JoannaK was there too....
(very impressive lady) and I'm sure the number was nearer 20 - so there must've been others that Sim and I have missed.....

Thank you Les, that's very kind of you! :) I was there but couldn't stay till dinner. It was a good day.

I think we do need to have another gathering of sorts that's not out in the hills to accomodate those of us that can't get out to the hills!

geoffw said:
The do have a promo on now. This one is $145- but there's a deal taht if you buy two products from their catalogue, you can get the third free. Just in case it's of interest.

http://www.powwowevents.com.au/pdf/promotions/buy2get1free.pdf

Or you could but the cassettes on ebay :D ($US6.99, but 6 days to go)

Geoff,

Just looked at the powwow site.Thanks for that.

Aware of the site was but am I glad you've caused me to revisit because now they have on that site a book that is a definate must have.

This book when lent is in the "I'll keep it and hopefully he'll forget" category.
This book is about our own human nature.
This book has six fascinating chapters on automatic human responses which the author describes as "Weapons of Influence"

This book is called "Influence"
Its by Dr Robert (Bob) Cialdini

Could go on for hours about this book.
There is just so much to it content wise.

This book has been re published so many times under different publishers.
And re subtitled etc.
Price is ok at $32.95 as depending on publishers have seen it sell for up around $125
The other day saw it locally for $47. Copy I currently have from a few yrs back $19
Be aware of other books also carrying the same name "Influence" though.
Make sure its by "Cialdini", who was ,maybe still is, Regents Professor of Psychology at Arizona state uni.

After reading this book, you will never look at a can of Coke offered to you, in the same way again.

A86

simonjulie said:
Hi All
I listen regulary to a CD series by Nepolen Hill.
I found his book good but thanks to the wonders of modern science his CD's really are for me, eternal.
Kind regards
Simon
PS I think Geoff W knows the details of how and where to get a copy.

Thanks for that Simon.
Seen them before but wasn't sure about content.

A86

agent 86 said:
This book is called "Influence"
Its by Dr Robert (Bob) Cialdini

Could go on for hours about this book.
There is just so much to it content wise.
A86,

I certainly would like you to go on for hours about it - or maybe even just a 1 page review......:)

Cheers,

KJ

Back