Who has read Nelson Demille?

I have read every one of his books now - 15 in all by my reckoning. Just brilliant.

First one was "Plum Island", last one was "Gate House".

The guy is awesome and his characters are fantastic.

Favourite was "Up Country", but I was really affected emotionally by "The Gold Coast".

Anyone else read him?

What did you think?

Yep love love love love love his books!!! But the Gold Coast is one i have never been able to get into for unknown reasons... everything else i just fly through completely absorbed. LOVED lions game.. it was the first one i read. And there was one a couple of years ago i think was called night fall.

Yep love love love love love his books!!! But the Gold Coast is one i have never been able to get into for unknown reasons... everything else i just fly through completely absorbed. LOVED lions game.. it was the first one i read. And there was one a couple of years ago i think was called night fall.

Gold Coast was a bit slow at first, but got going later.

Last edited:
He is my favourite author. Just finished 'The Gatehouse' last week. Great book. I wasn't interested in reading Gold Coast for ages. It just didn't appeal. When I finally read it I enjoyed it. I think it is the author's favourite book that he's written.

My favourites are Word of Honour, Rivers of Babylon, Spencerville and Generals Daughter.

Love all his work - especially love the John Corey/Kate Mayfield characters of Plum Island, The Lion's Game, Night Fall, Wildfire.

Plot twists via the use of 9/11 are intriguing.

Also very much enjoyed Up Country - we have since been to Vietnam and are keen to go back.

Back