Who says you can't get good 10%+ yields with residential property?

yeah we were going to do the 200 per student per week tax free thing once upon a time with a 6BR house, but it ended up being a lot of fuss because of the whole "male landlord, female student" thing

yeah we were going to do the 200 per student per week tax free thing once upon a time with a 6BR house, but it ended up being a lot of fuss because of the whole "male landlord, female student" thing

Please explain how being a male landlord precludes you from leasing to female tenants?

incredible, just jam pack the student in there like sardines.. :eek:

if the students don't mind, why not?

after all the students live like that anyway on campus. the room houses 2-3 unrelated people, with toilets and showers in the corridor, and those places are actually hard to get into.

same with backpackers and small motels

when i was a student i was crashing on the living room floor at the place my brother rented with his other mates, cause i was too lazy to go and get my own place.

i think the main problem here is people not doing it properly, i'e splitting the rooms but not expanding plumbing and electricity lines, sewerage to cater for additional load.

.....and the lack of revenue that generates for govt and private enterprise....

like cigarettes. only illegal is you sell them without paying the tax - bugger the health implications.

Back