Why is Point cook so expensive ?

Just curiously browsing the available properties(a lot avl) and prices just blew me away !

Maybe, I am missing something here :confused:

It is an area with young families, growing amenties, new houses and the demographics indicate a higher than average number of professional workers and owner occupiers than the average in Melbourne.

The above combined with higher than average incomes = higher than average house prices for the area, it is wrong to compare Point Cook with Altona Meadows for example as the demographics are vastly different.

a lot of indonesian migrants move to Pt Cook which has their own small community there. these ethic young families want a house as oppose to a apartment and normally buy it in cash as they can't afford other pricier south eastern suburbs

Just curiously browsing the available properties(a lot avl) and prices just blew me away !

Maybe, I am missing something here :confused:

Try looking at a comparable home in the SE suburbs. If you can get a "new" home, similar distance to CBD, for a similar price, in a similar estate, then you have found utopia in the SE.....

What are you using as a comparison?

Isnt it 25k SE from Mellbourne, to me thats the sticks...

25km SE of Melbourne is about Parkdale? :p

Try getting a house like in Point Cook for the same price in Parkdale. I'm not saying they're comparable, I'm just adding to Indifference's comment about getting more value for money in the west.

I personally think Point Cook is a little pricey, which is probably due to the whole 'new' factor, but wonder where it will stand in a few years once it loses that.

25km SE of Melbourne is about Parkdale? :p

Try getting a house like in Point Cook for the same price in Parkdale. I'm not saying they're comparable, I'm just adding to Indifference's comment about getting more value for money in the west.

I personally think Point Cook is a little pricey, which is probably due to the whole 'new' factor, but wonder where it will stand in a few years once it loses that.

there you go, so far away from MElbourne I dont even know where it is :)

I think its closer to 30 minutes... from Williams Landing anyway, close by

I live in Williams Landing. 30 min flat gets me to Welington Road exit on the Monash (I have timed it often and is one of my referance points in the trip.) WL is 19km from the city.

I live in Williams Landing. 30 min flat gets me to Welington Road exit on the Monash (I have timed it often and is one of my referance points in the trip.) WL is 19km from the city.

30 min williams landing to wellington Road exit on m1 freeway? I live in Southbank and it takes me about that 30 min to get to that exit as i work in mulgrave.

Sorry, should have said on the weekend. I drive down to Somers often which takes 1hr 15min.

During the week it can take 20 to 30 mins to get across the Westgate. One thing for sure is it its far from the 'Sticks' and the city is very accessable, a lot more so than many suburbs on the other side of the city.

Back