Why would you buy in Sydney?

That can't be a typical result.
Looking at the map, it's a dual frontage property bordering retail/commercial use.
I don't know the zoning, but can only imagine it was bought for development.
Why else would such a typical house be sold as Expressions of Interest?

Agreed!

If you do a Search via realestate.com.au, once you filter out all the auctions, you will see that this is not typical of the area.

People just want to live in Sydney as first preference in my view; esp migrants.

I personally don't think it's the greatest city in asia pacific region but everyone knows of Sydney and has visited it so it just becomes more the norm to want to live in Sydney.

That can't be a typical result.
Looking at the map, it's a dual frontage property bordering retail/commercial use.
I don't know the zoning, but can only imagine it was bought for development.
Why else would such a typical house be sold as Expressions of Interest?

was going to say, if that's what people are paying there, makes Mosman look like a bargain :p

Go Brisbane

There are lovely homes in my suburb under $500K. The acreage ones under
$1m are just awesome. We are less than 20klms from CBD and 10 minutes drive to Strathpine train station, under an hour to the Sunshine Coast beaches too. I'm about an hour to the Gold Coast via the Gateway.

Why would i buy in Sydney?

Hiya

'Cos where i come from, this is the price i would have to pay for a small house with a bit of dirt:eek:

http://www.stproperty.sg/property-for-sale/landed-for-sale/terraced-house-for-sale

(note: 1 SGD approx 1 AUD)

why wouldn't i buy in Sydney?

(almost) perfect weather, relaxed lifestyle, unstressed kids, big blocks of land , large open spaces, beautiful beaches, cheap cars .....

Sometimes i feel Australians really underappreciate their own backyards:)

Hiya

'Cos where i come from, this is the price i would have to pay for a small house with a bit of dirt:eek:

http://www.stproperty.sg/property-for-sale/landed-for-sale/terraced-house-for-sale

(note: 1 SGD approx 1 AUD)

why wouldn't i buy in Sydney?

(almost) perfect weather, relaxed lifestyle, unstressed kids, big blocks of land , large open spaces, beautiful beaches, cheap cars .....

Sometimes i feel Australians really underappreciate their own backyards:)

Wow in comparison Sydney would seem great. But not so sure that Sydney would constitute a relaxed lifestyle, unstressed kids. Certainly it has beaches but most are overcrowded, unfortunately. Traffic, if the media is correct seems to be a nightmare.

That is because cars here are so cheap...try these Toyota car prices in Singapore and then you would stop complaining:D

http://www.oneshift.com/new_cars/carmake.php?carmake=toyota

How would you like to pay $175 000 for a Toyota Camry??? (and you can only keep the car for 10 years:eek:)

That does seem extreme. I think however that traffic congestion in Sydney is more of an infrastructure problem than cars being cheap. Maybe also a population overload issue as well.

Sydney always has demand...the "expensive" word and sydney has been in th news for the last 3-4 years...and every year it keeps going up and 12 month after a purchase i now hear " lucky i bought that....was expensive but now it;s worth every penny"

It comes down to where you invest... a good investor can find opportunity in any market.

Expand your area and knowledge and follow the trends, don't stick to one area only- MOVE WITH THE MARKET...i have a cousin that's been "eyeing" Lalor park since 2011 ( told them to buy back than, pay the extra $10-15k....but no it was too "expensive" waiting for the bubble to burst or waiting for that "bargain" :eek:)

Prices has gone up 6-7% ever year!!! from the 2011 prices of sub $400,000 to something like $550-600k now...still eyeing the same area.

as you probably know ,properties are going up becoz of the low interest rate.

I couldnt imagine what it will be like when interest rate goes up to 7 percent and with job losses would affect the market.

Back