whyalla

BTW when did the bunnings go in? is it big?

All jokes aside ... this is interesting, and may just refute my previously held belief about Whyalla. Is it a big Bunnings or just a hardware store?

Bunnings don't just build anywhere. They must see more potential than I did.

Still wouldn't buy off the plan expensive house tho. Would go one of the cheapest I could get in a reasonable area if I "had" to buy there for investment. I'm still rather cynical tho - watching projects that have been promised for 30+ years still not getting off the ground ... although the private sector may shove things thru.

With the desal plant - will only be built if Olympic Dam expansion goes thru. Still not guaranteed to get approved by parliament.

Port will have extra employees during construction - but how many extra during operation? Enough to compensate Onesteel downsizing?

Don't know anything about Ara-fura, except that it is a rare earth miner ... and don't know anything about the explosive factory. Are they reliant on the Olympic Dam project?

Bunnings and K-mart are in the process of coming here. Site selected and soil test done, project developed, I heard.

Quest apartments are making are building a big block of apartments here, the construction is in full swing.

Westland shopping center expansion phase 1 construction started.

Foreshore beautification completed, but I heard there is more coming here.

OneSteel is washing the old red dust off from the affected houses at free of cost.

Ara Fura, and Deepak Fertiliser (explosive factory) are in the process of approval but may take few years.

Desal plant is also not happening for few years, I think.

Uranium exploration continues with encouraging results, but commercial scale is years from now.

OneSteel' new iron ore mine plant construction in full swing.

Personally, I will not buy here now as I got a PPOR and half of an IP already.
I fully agree with Lizzie, there is no point in buying OTP or expensive houses here, when you can get $200 rent if you buy a $150K half housing trust house in a good location.

Back