Will Campsie/Belmore NSW ever become like its high CG neighboring suburbs?

Ive observed strong growth that has been 'spreading' downwards over the past 3 years.

Started off in Concord West, and moved down to North Strathfield...
Then it hit Croydon..Then hit Croydon Park (the north side of Georges River Road), Then now the South side of Georges river road. Then it hit Belfield...

Now the only suburbs left are Campsie and Belmore..... this is before it hits Lakemba - where I believe growth stops, before it hits Beverly Hills and keeps going south.

Somehow, Im under the impression that the growth sprawl will stop at the border of Campsie/Belmore and Lakemba..

My question is... is there any hope for Campsie/Belmore? There seems to be alot of Units for sale there (in the same fashion as the Lakemba market)

It's a tough one.
In June I settled a property purchase in Croydon Park, which was the result of about 5 months research/due diligence; where I threw all of these suburbs under the microscope and tried to compare apples for apples.

I knew I wanted to madly avoid Campsie but purely due to the ratio of units to houses. My budget was limited; which meant that suburbs like Concord West/North Strathfield/Croydon were off limits.

My understanding of what can help fuel CG comes back to the percentage mix of houses versus units in a suburb. What I mean by this is that suburbs which are over 50% unit stock can tend to get a reputation for being unit 'ghettos'; with too many similar styled properties all competing for the CG 'dollar'. Suburbs that have a greater mix of established houses tend to break this up a little better.

In fact... the same can be said of suburbs where there are very little units and mostly houses. I.e. suburbs like Parklea, for instance; all the houses are quite similar and are competing for the same $$$, so you really need some standout features there, to have the maximum CG advantage.

This is why I tend to prefer suburbs that are around 60/40 or 70/30 in favour of houses.
I actually looked at nearby Ashbury (barely any units, so it was out of my price range), and Clemton Park (again, very house heavy).

Campsie is hard to say; the 'good' side (closes to Croydon Park/river) is more house-heavy, but the other side is entirely units and a bit soviet block Russia. Perhaps if there's a couple of odd unit blocks in the house-heavy side you might strike gold?

Cameron McEvoy

Last edited by a moderator:
Back