Worst flu / fever season this year in Sydney

Paging see_change....

How is everybody doing?

I've just recovered from the worst bout of fever/flu and was out of office for 8 days straight (inc weekend) and was regretful of even going back for 2 days last week when I still hadn't recovered. I didn't get it tested but the news said that lately it's been swine flu here..along with cough

I was considering going to the hospital. Saw 5 doctors in this time to get the medicine prescriptions & doc's certificate.

Quite a few people have been sick in office as well.

And it just got colder/rainy after a relatively warm winter!

Thanks,
MsAli

Paging see_change....

How is everybody doing?

I've just recovered from the worst bout of fever/flu and was out of office for 8 days straight (inc weekend) and was regretful of even going back for 2 days last week when I still hadn't recovered. I didn't get it tested but the news said that lately it's been swine flu here..along with cough

I was considering going to the hospital. Saw 5 doctors in this time to get the medicine prescriptions & doc's certificate.

Quite a few people have been sick in office as well.

And it just got colder/rainy after a relatively warm winter!

Thanks,
MsAli

I'm seeing some people with the actual flu ( path testing said so )

They are reporting an increase in the number of confirmed flu case , but they have also changed the way you can test for flu . Used to be blood test , but now can do a throat swab.

Not normally going to do a blood test on a kid unless it's essential , but throat swabs not a drama . I think part of the reason I'm getting more positive tests is I'm testing more . Hence the cost of the heath system goes up ?. mmm I wonder if the company that provides the throat swab tests is a listed company ?.

Cliff

Investor in you...:p

Did you find it's worse this year? I've definitely never had a flu this bad since primary school!!

I've not had flu for 20 years until now.
Knocked me for 6.

Dr prescribed antibiotics because he thought I might like to enjoy my weekend.:rolleyes:
That's after he established it as being a virus!
I resisted. The flu has gone and strength is gaining.

It's everywhere here. I had the flu shot early winter and many folks who did have also contracted this flu.

I haven't had the flu in years and i never get a flu shot.

Imo people tend to catch the flu more so in the office.

@The Fence-Do you get a flu shot every year?Or is the 1st year?

People i know who have had a flu shot have had symptons after wards.

My mother who had emphysema,never got a flu shot,even though it was recommended.

Had one guy in the office knocked out all week - Doc told him flu, but he said it was real weird - no cough, no headache, just huge pain all over that he couldn't move.

Got two others take yesterday off feeling sick.

The Y-man

@The Fence-Do you get a flu shot every year?Or is the 1st year?

2nd year.
Wife works at the hospital so its mandatory for us.

Flu shot, I believe, only protects against one strain.

Obviously this flu getting around is not the one.
Dr's missed the dartboard on that one Id say.

I too didnt have much coughing. But the overall body pain was intense.
Head felt like about to explode.

Fair enough re:mandatory.

Symptoms of what you and the Y-man describe but is it the flu but something else ie:virus?

Weird.

Fair enough re:mandatory.

Symptoms of what you and the Y-man describe but is it the flu but something else ie:virus?

Weird.

Blood test = flu virus
Why I resisted antibiotics because people on here were telling me antibiotics were for bacteria, not virus.

last week I passed out on the bus to work, due to a high fever.

woke up to everyone looking at me.

proceeded to then vomit on said bus.

was a great day, need to find a new bus route now....

Had one guy in the office knocked out all week - Doc told him flu, but he said it was real weird - no cough, no headache, just huge pain all over that he couldn't move.

Got two others take yesterday off feeling sick.

The Y-man

This is exactly what I had couple of weeks ago. Straight 7 days at home. I have never had such bad flu in my entire life.

Fortunately avoided the flu this year - but had it for the first time ever 3 years ago.

Literally over a week bedridden - crawling from bed to ensuite shower and back again was all I could manage. Hubby had to do all the household stuff and school runs - which ended up in massive arguments with junior as his cooking is terrible and she refused to eat it.

Ended up on antibiotics for lung infection.

Took a further 3-4 weeks to get over it ... not helped by cracking some ribs whilst horse riding which made coughing extremely painful - so took extra strength nurofen on empty stomach - which caused a bad case of the runs ... :eek:

Never again will I claim I've got the "flu" when it's a mere cold

last week I passed out on the bus to work, due to a high fever.

woke up to everyone looking at me.

proceeded to then vomit on said bus.

was a great day, need to find a new bus route now....

Holy heck :eek: Surprised no one panicked and evac the bus given the ebola stories going around.

The Y-man

Holy heck :eek: Surprised no one panicked and evac the bus given the ebola stories going around.

The Y-man

The bus driver did ask if I wanted an ambulance. I waved that off and just caught a taxi home. (I did sit in the back of the taxi lol)

worst part, was not being sick and embarrissing myself, but that my wife was right and I shouldn't have gone to work that day. I'll never live that down :)

This is exactly what I had couple of weeks ago. Straight 7 days at home. I have never had such bad flu in my entire life.

I was home 8 days straight and wish I had made that 12. I went to office Thu & Friday last week. I still don't feel well rested.

I caught the flu bad from the wife around ~1 month ago, it did the rounds at her workplace because no one would take sick leave as the project was behind.

(I did sit in the back of the taxi lol)

Ha ha,good one,like your humor :)

because no one would take sick leave as the project was behind.

See i'm in the same position,but week after week.

The other guys i work with in the field,1 had the flu but soldiered on.

I take a legit sickie yesterday(not the flu)but was feeling crap the last week Ie:fatigued and tired...After putting it off,i went and got a full medical and full blood test done.

Anyhow,they text me in the afternoon,can you forward work onto your offsider.

My reply:I reckon u guys would text me if i was in coma lol.Am i getting paid to do this?Too bad if i had my phone turned off,farout.

There reply:It wouldn't hurt to help out as the guys have alot of work on.

My reply:Yeah ok but it wouldn't hurt to have backup when 1 of us is sick,right?Cheers.

They give you the guilt trip and alot of other *****,which is illegal.

I'm going to tell them i need holidays asap and look at other jobs or do a course.

I went to my GP Thursday last, thinking I was going down with flu - general aches and pains, nothing specific. He looked me over and said (correctly as it turned out) that he thought I'd had a heart attack and called the ambos. Four nights in Royal Melbourne (superb staff), then home yesterday - no driving and take it easy for a few weeks. I might not have gone to the surgery had it not been for a piece in the Age saying that if you thought you might be getting flu your GP could prescribe pills to reduce its effects.

Caught both the cold and the flu this year.....now I know the difference.

Flu knocked me out for 2 weeks straight...now just have a cold, thankfully it's just a sniffle & a blocked nose.

Back