Worst PM ever

Hi all! Since my old PM left the company I've had some real issues. Well, non issues really because she doesn't do anything! I've written to her, and the company requesting to know if it's within my contract to just give 28 days notice and transfer to another company but no-one will get back to me!

One thing was: tenant told of water leaking, needed urgent attention, I went round, called the agent and asked then to get a plumber out. 3 weeks later the tenant called, she'd had no reply, the whole bathroom damaged, water leaking out of the HWS for the entire time.

Plus, they just won't return any email queries, nor call.

I really am sick of this, what can I do? I can't get hold of anyone over the phone, don't have time to go in personally and prob won't get to speak to anyone then anyway.

Move REA straightaway, let them handle the handover. If you need to pay to break, so be it, because its obviously costing you right now and you want to at least give the tenant comfort that you are taking control. You need to manage this process quickly and definitively.

Then.

Complain, detailing issues to the Officer in Effective Control of current REA

Complain to the REA body with detail about your issues (after the response from OIEC)

Not sure in NT, but in Vic, I would if I believed they were at fault, raise a claim in VCAT for damages, claim for costs. Not sure of the equivalent in NT

Good luck

PS - Worst PM? William McMahon

Since you have made multiple attempts to contact them, and they have not attended to any requests for repair, or made any attempt to perform their obligations under the management agreement, I would assume they have ceased trading in a normal manner and move management immediately. If they argue, tell them to sue you. Which they wont over 28 days of management fee.

I thought this was another political thread!

What, in the Property Management forums...?
Maybe have a closer look next time boys.

Anyway, investor2009, I'd be shafting this PM ASAP and take it over yourself considering you are doing most yourself anyway.

So many stories of shonky PMs its incredible.

Change PM's........ as soon as yesterday! Any PM that is causing a cost to you for damages to your property is not worth hanging on to. If they try to slug you with your 28 days management, hit them with the bill for repairs for the water damage that they didn't sent anyone to rectify after you'd told them too...... ;)

Change PM's........ as soon as yesterday! Any PM that is causing a cost to you for damages to your property is not worth hanging on to. If they try to slug you with your 28 days management, hit them with the bill for repairs for the water damage that they didn't sent anyone to rectify after you'd told them too...... ;)

Why not give this a try anyway... you may get some of your repair costs back from them. It may be worth it.

A new agent will generally pay out the 28 days to the old agent and give you the equivalent in free management fees. So changing over should cost you nothing.

If they don't find an agent who wants your business and will cover the change over costs.

Ditto to other suggestions, get a new PM and let them manage the transfer for you.

Considering the higher rates that are paid up in Darwin you would want to ensure that you are getting decent service !

I have properties in Darwin and haven't experienced the issues you have mentioned.

most agents in Darwin are terrible, really really bad.

I am renting a town house in a group of 6 and all but 1 of us are out of contract. Some have been out of contract for over 12 months! Funnily enough this suits me at the moment since I'm moving out anyway so can give 2 weeks notice and I'm gone. Also there hasnt been any rent rise in the last 2 or 3 years and the PM has only done 2 inspections from memory in the last 18 months.

Dont get me started on all the stuff that never gets fixed, we are sick of complaining about broken things, as is all 6 tennants.

Seriously the RE agents in Darwin are terrible and it sounds like its the same person managing these units as was managing yours.

Feel free to PM me and I can tell you what company it is so you can avoid them as well!

Oh wow, yep I vote new Property Manager. If there are no other good PM's do it yourself, you will probably still save time than having to deal with your current PM.

Back