Would anyone with sold data access like to do me a favor?

G'day....

We sold our PPOR about 2.5 years ago and had a heck of a time, the most stressful time of our lives I'd go so far as to say.

We struggled to sell it at the time due to the announcement of a development that was detrimental to the location of our particular house, and the market had turned south. We advertised it for $650+ on the advise of the agent, which we though was a bit rich. We thought we'd get about $625. We had someone interested from the first open at $640k but then work started on a development up the road and we had B-doubles thundering pasted the front door, full of spoil at a rate of one every 1.5 - 2 minutes from 7am to 4:30 EVERY day. Those first buyers had sat out front one day to see how quiet the road was, just as this started. They ran a mile and we subsequently had a hell of a time trying to have open houses with that going on.

Once that died down, we had several offers in the low $6's that kept falling over for various reasons. Cold feet cooling off, finance rejected etc.

Eventually we accepted an offer of $606k from an older couple that turned up out of the blue one day. Turns out the people that bought it were "flippers", not that we knew at the time or that it bothers us, we were just happy that we managed to sell.

Within two months they re-listed it at offers over $705k!!!! (about $100k more expensive that the most expensive house on the street). The house was only a year old so needed nothing doing. They simply pulled up some of the hard landscaping and laid lawn instead and painted the deck a pale colour instead of the dark stain I'd put on. Other than that, nothing. Seemed a bit suss at the time?

Needless to say, it took them almost two years to sell it. It did go under offer at one point early on but must have fallen through. The last advertised price before it sold was offers over $650k. It finally sold in November 2012.

Anyway, sorry to bore you all with that, but I am so curious as to what it sold for in the end. It doesn't bother me if they got $1m for it, fair play to them, we were happy with what we got as it enabled us to move on at the time, but I am simply curious to see what it went for...nothing more than pure curiosity.

The other reason I'm a little curious is that we almost kept it on as an investment. We'd have been really stretched and didn't want to do it, but we'd lost hope of getting a reasonable price for it in the end and didn't want to give it away. It' be interesting to see if it would have been worth hanging on to.

If anyone has access to sold data and wouldn't mind checking for me, PM me and I'll flick you the address.

Cheers.

Tone.

Don't know, the sold data isn't on the system, (Vic). So, I'm none the wiser and although curious, I'm not game eough to cold call the old agent and ask them.

Yes I was no help on this one - PDS Live for VIC and RP Data doesnt seem to have that listed/updated/avaliable at the moment only the last few listings and offers etc.

Nice work. Where'd you find that?

I reckon they spent no more than $5k on titivating the place up with some lawn and paint.

Stamp duty buying it from us would have cost them $31,430

Selling agents fees in the region of $10k at least

...not to mention moving costs etc.

Don't know what their finance situation was, but they were serial flippers, (at least that's what they told my neighbour), and listed it for sale within a couple of months of buying it but it took about 20 months to shift in the end, (it was listed for sale almost all of that time with 2 or 3 different agents over the course).

I'd say they lost at least $7.5-10k

Not that I wanted to see anyone out of pocket, just interesting in what their theory in buying it was. It was already priced at the top end of the market, we'd had it for sale for 6 months already and the things putting prospective buyers off were only set to get worse. For a couple that seem to flip for a living, not sure what their buying criteria and due diligence is like!

Found from a quick pricefinder search. Yeh thats a lot of their capital held up for some time, not a successful flip by the sounds of things.

Back