Would you repurchase your IP(s) in today's market

Would you repurchase your IP's and pay current market price?

• Yes, I would repurchase all or the majority of my IP's at today's prices

Votes: 13 22.0%
  • No, I wouldnt repurchase most or all of my IP's

Votes: 46 78.0%

• Total voters
Let's say you didn't own your IP's had some cash in the bank enough for some deposits.

Would you buy again the IP(s) you own if you had to pay current market price?

( If you have multiple IP's then would you repurchase the Majority of them at todays market value)

I voted that I would not purchase them as I could not afford the repayments on their current value. Rental Return in today's market would be 1-2%. OUCH!!!!

But I would still buy them and others in their locations if the rental return was around the 5% plus due to the excellent capital growth and the supply and demand factor.

BUNDY:p

Between 97 and 02, I progressively bought 4 adjacent seafront properties as they came on the market - and in this year alone the value of the first 3 has tripled and the last one doubled! Did I buy the next one when it came on the market recently? No, but only because of other commitments. In the longer term these properties will be very valuable because they are irreplaceable, so the current 'high' price isn't unreasonable at all imho. I hope to buy more in the future!

I really think you can't go too wrong with the right kinds of property. My other 'thing' at present is cbd land - don't have much yet, but again it's irreplaceable. I recently broke the cbd land price record (would have preferred not to of course!!) with a purchase I really believe in. And dollar cost averaging with a previous (expensive in its day!) cbd purchase affords a good nett position.

The trick I think is to recognise that 'special' property is just that. Buy it if and when you can.

Would You Repurchase Your IPs in Today's Market?

Dear All,

I've sold off my 2 IPs houses in the Goldcoast area and re-invested in Perth, Cairns which are still in the rising market situation, as well as OTP-invested in some unit apartments in Burleigh Head and Surfer Paradise, which I believe, is currently in a "under-supplied" situation.

However, I will not want to re-invest in land/houses in the Goldcoast market for the time being as I believe it has presently peaked/peaking.

Despite these developments, I'm actively monitoring the market for signs for possible market bubble or/and a Australia-wide market correction on a daily basis, just to be on the safe side. I can still sleep well on my investments to date.

Thank you.

Regards,
Kenkoh2000

Last edited:
Back