Wynnum - The good, the bad & the ugly

Hi all,

We have started researching Wynnum (Brisbane bayside) with the view of securing a double block with existing house to reno and hold then split down the track.

Interested to know your thoughts on the area - at this stage we are focusing on as close to central as we can get.

Has anyone had any good / bad experiences in the area? Recommendations on where to steer clear of? Where the hot spots are?

Would really value your opinions.
:)

Hi all,

We have started researching Wynnum (Brisbane bayside) with the view of securing a double block with existing house to reno and hold then split down the track.

Interested to know your thoughts on the area - at this stage we are focusing on as close to central as we can get.

Has anyone had any good / bad experiences in the area? Recommendations on where to steer clear of? Where the hot spots are?

Obviously beach side of tingal rd would be best, near the pool would be even better
I don't really like wynnum west that much, it's closer to Brisbane but its not as nice as central.
It's fair to say wynnum has its share of interesting characters but I think they might be moved along in the next decade or so as I think this should become a premium suburb in time.

The are is fair, a friend of mine used to live there, had no problems, and they were in Wynnum west. Have you checked the police reports for break-ins etc. Its certainly not the worst area in the Brisbane precinct.

I like the area...stay clear of Wynnum North though.. Central like has been mentioned east side of Tingal preferably through to Manly.

The central has plans to be redeveloped / upgraded too.

I stay there on the bay side opposite the pool each IP trip to Brisbane.

Great plan Chandlers. I love this strategy!

I recently created a video outlining how to find these opportunities using RP Data and the example I used was in Wynnum. You can check it out here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=perF03avcZw
Note that the website mentioned in the video is still a few weeks from going live.

Cheers,
Matt

Hi all,

Last edited:
Thanks everyone - appreciate your input. We're now pretty set on Wynnum for our next purchase, still madly hunting for the right one - proving to be a little difficult at the moment... maybe there's too many Jerry Springer wannabe's snapping them up :p
Love the video Matt - well done!

Thanks everyone - appreciate your input. We're now pretty set on Wynnum for our next purchase, still madly hunting for the right one - proving to be a little difficult at the moment... maybe there's too many Jerry Springer wannabe's snapping them up :p
Love the video Matt - well done!

I just bought in Wynnum, it settles next week. I did find there was not a lot of quality coming on the market and some ambitious pricing.

Good luck with your purchase...

Back