Xmas

Just wondering what everyone is up to for Christmas..

Yesterday was my last day of work for the year. Had my sons Yr12 graduation this morning, flying to Adelaide this afternoon for a quick visit to the grandparents. Then back to Canberra on xmas eve just in time for xmas lunch with friends at a local club, obligatory boxing day bbq and cricket... a few days of relaxing before a trip to Wollongong for New Years Eve and then back to work on 2 Jan. (It sounds exhausting when I write it down!)

I really hope everyone has a safe and happy xmas!

How are you planning on spending Christmas?

The roadhouse is closed for Xmas Day, so the staff is having a barbeque by the pool (weather permitting, of course)

Maybe read a book....

My last day of work is this Friday. We're heading to Hawaii for ten nights over the New Year and then spending two nights in Singapore on the way back :)

Hubby finishing up on the 21st.. I have staff to keep the online biz running with no close down at all :)

Family Christmas on the 25th...then holidays. :)

We fly to Tassie (again) on the 27th... Will check out a few properties that are on my favorites list in realestate.com.au ... Not quite ready to buy this year though ..so drive by's only :(

Bring your hot weather gear. :eek:
We're already wearing it....it's heating up in the good old ACT.

I'm looking forward to spending some relaxing days with the family at home in Canberra - it's our first Christmas with our foster child so I'm really looking forward to the early wake up and all the excitement that Santa stirs up....and to also use her slip and slide and trampoline.

Cheers

Jamie

Newcastle to see the parents and family on xmas day and boxing day, back boxing day night before the animals run out of food

I am working christmas day, boxing day, new years eve, new years day.

I work for the government. Standard rate. Just another day.

No Public Holiday In Lieu payback or any such scheme?

What do they do to compensate (higher superannuation %, more annual sick days, additional annual leave, long service leave) :confused:

How we will spend christmas!

Steamed (home made by me ) christmas pudding, with custard, hopefullly not runny, decorated with holly and red berries from the holly bush outside, lit with cheap whisky, boiled marzipen, sugar iced christmas cake with , brussel sprout... err ... before taking Mother in law to visit her 84 year old identical twin sister at the secure unit.
Trying not to look sad, because they all cry at the drop of a hat.

Decorated our tree (a real one!) with jewels ( really ) from this years travels from Argentina, Hungary, Australia, and Italy, some just pretty, some precious.
Feeling greatful and very loved.
A little birthday party for me on new years eve, then off to Europe.
SeafordSunshine

No Public Holiday In Lieu payback or any such scheme?

What do they do to compensate (higher superannuation %, more annual sick days, additional annual leave, long service leave) :confused:

We have an award that outlines the maximum public holidays I can work. I am worked the maximum.

I do however get the super, annual leave and job security to go with it though.

Have a great Christmas everyone

We have an award that outlines the maximum public holidays I can work. I am worked the maximum.

I do however get the super, annual leave and job security to go with it though.

Have a great Christmas everyone

i work in qld gov area aswell, but when i am on call, i get one days extra leave for every public holiday im on call, and just the award rate aka double time for work done on a pub hol. those that work a pub hol normally just get the double time, only if on call u get a extra days leave for having to be by a phone and not drink aka avail at the drop of a hat.

Apparently I am having family here! We didn't plan anything other than lazing by the pool, ham and salad. BUt now I think we have an extra 12 or so showing up:eek: (and that's just the ones who have actually asked to come over). potentially another 20+ on top of that might show.
I have said that I will provide ham and salad, if they want drinks or any other food- they need to bring it as it ain't gonna be here waiting for them!:rolleyes:

Open pressies with the kids in the am.

Wife's rellies coming over for a bbq lunch, all the kids in the pool, and I'll have a few sherbets.

Enjoy the mindset of not being at work for another 2 weeks.

Chistmas Eve my daughter and boyfriend coming over to make a ginger bread house, that should be fun... I think.

Christmas Morning open presents and spend the day with family and friends, it will be 40 degrees in Perth... damn hot.... oh well then we fly to Japan on 28 Dec..... where I believe it will be around 9 degrees.:eek:

MTR

Back