Yagoona VS Bankstown?

Hi all

Been doing some research on Bankstown and Yagoona units and wanted to see if you all have any thoughts on them.

Both approx 30mins to the city and still at not bad pricing under $300k

Any cons in buying in these areas?

Cons: I have lived near Bankstown and absolutely hated the hole. It was 4 years ago, not sure if it is still that bad. It has the reputation of a violent and racially challenged suburb. It has a limited target population as not many people would want to live there, only the ones that currently call it their home town. :rolleyes:

i have lived in the bankstown area for 10+ yrs and have not experienced any violence or racial issues. True the area has a majority lebanese and vietnamese population. I think the area can achieve ok capital growth, the only problem i have noticed with my investment property is a not so great selection of tenants. This may not be an area that you personally want to live in but keep in mind, people tend to like to buy where they grew up, areas close to their family, are affordable and close to where they work.

ditto with the above comments.

I'm also keeping an eye on Liverpool, Auburn and Cabramatta...although I can't afford to buy at the moment :D

i see bankstown and yagoona as pretty much the same. the same type of people live in both, both have train lines. yagoona is a little bit quieter, whereas bankstown would probably attract slightly more tenants with easy access to centro shopping centre/restaurants etc.

If you are looking at these areas, you may also want to consider Granville. 20-25mins train ride to city. Close to Auburn and Parramatta for shopping. Units have good yields and you may still pick up a house at early $400k.

Back