Yeppoon

Hi Everyone,

Hope you all had a great Xmas.

Im looking at opportunity in Yeppoon, wonder if anyone who has been looking in the area can give some pointers. Trustworthy contacts are also welcomed ;)

Looking to build a spec home plus land, with ocean view for 550k. Plan to sell at around 650k, is this sounded ok. Please advise?

Cheers

We have used Scott Kilpatrick builders in Rockhampton for the 3 newies in the gallery.

He always has a few homes being done down the beach .

Craig Kelly will be your contact and he is actually a builder who is now doing office work, not just a salesman like most places.

After speaking to every builder in Rocky we found them a lot less Sharky than others.

BB

Interesting things happening around Yeppoon ...

G'day Gladi8tor,
There have been a few wild prices paid for beach front land/property lately around Yeppoon. Try 2mil + for harbour villas that were aroung 500 only 3 or 4 years ago. 2.3 mil was recently paid for 1000m2 beachfront on 2 titles (a record for the area). I guess it's a function of the mining boom, raw potential of the place (Keppel Islands, Curtis Island) and boomers looking to seachange. These are Gold Coast prices that were unheard of until recently. I recently did a little drive up the east coast and there are some interesting spots that are out of the way but charming in there own way. Absolute beach front for almost sixpence. Turkey Beach comes to mind - not everyones cup of tea, but I figure if you can't afford Port Douglas ...... There was also 1100m2 near Emu Park res b that sold for under 400. I'm beginning to think you could almost land bank on some of these blocks and just wear the taxes etc. Best, Gabriel

(not specific advice)

Bloody hell Gabriel, don't tell everybody, we're still trying to find a few more ourselves yet.

We remember when they could'nt give those Keppel Bay Marina unit's away when we sailed through 5 years ago, and really wanted one as a Berth was attached, but the bank baulked at $100K for our PPOR.

How times have changed.

BB

Hi Guys

Just had two weeks holiday in Yeppoon.

And yes, land developments continue at a pace as if there is no tomorrow and prices continue to climb.
Shades of the rest of Australia.

Went to a few open homes and am keen to invest.

Regards

Back