Your Favourite Resturant

Scott Damien's on the Lake at Caboolture has great food. Reasonable prices and large serves, you will not leave hungry that's for sure. Try to save some room for chocolate wontons for dessert.:)

Steakhouse 66 @ Docklands

Tried this Chicken Parma based on the recommendation of the staff:

S66 chicken parma - double layered crumbed fillet, tomato chutney,pancetta, capers, melted under three cheeses served with tomato quinoa salad 26

chicken-parma02.jpg

Best ever, and award winning. Calling it a Parma doesn't do it justice. I don't know about anything else on the menu, but this is excellent.

For those who love Spicy

This little gem recently opened in Perth/Mt Lawley.
http://www.mirchimasala.com.au/

For those who love Indian food, this is absolutely the best Indian restaurant, love it, the food was amazing, price good, BYO.

Atmosphere was great too, you can actually talk and hear each other, am sick of hipster type restaurants, where all the beautiful people go, must be getting too old;).
Back to this restaurant, I want to give it a plug cos its new and its hard to find something that ticks all the boxes, this does

Keep posting good quality restaurants:)

MTR:)

No i havent, i rarely go out for north indian food. Some of their items look good though in particular the sunday lunch specials so might give it a go. Thanks for the tip.

Is this the one on cnr of 2nd or 3rd ave that replaced the Vietnamese joint?

No i havent, i rarely go out for north indian food. Some of their items look good though in particular the sunday lunch specials so might give it a go. Thanks for the tip.

Is this the one on cnr of 2nd or 3rd ave that replaced the Vietnamese joint?
Yes, has replaced a horrible Chinese restaurant, and on the corner you have Liquorland, convenient ... get your bottle of wine.

I don't have a clue what the difference is with regards to North Indian Food as opposed to what region?? interesting.. I cant go past Vindaloo my favourite curry, hot hot hotter the better:)

We live in Perth but were in Melbourne in August for my other half's 40th birthday. We had dinner at Vue de Monde with a couple who are our closest friends, and it was fantastic. Nine course degustation, the guys had the wine matching, and our lady friend had tea matching. It was expensive (around $2K) but it was a lovely night. We sat down at 6pm and didn't leave until midnight, completely stuffed full of delicious food.

I don't have a clue what the difference is with regards to North Indian Food as opposed to what region?? interesting.. I cant go past Vindaloo my favourite curry, hot hot hotter the better:)

thats always a risk

you may one day meet a chef that can outdo your iron

ta
rolf

Pleased to Meet You, great little place in Northbridge.

Best pulled pork rolls in Perth IMO. Pig on a spit and you can order it by the 100g to pick on. Duck and corn salsa soft tacos. To top it all off they have Feral Hop Hog, my favourite beer.

It does look amazing, but does not look like you get much on your plate?

That is my pet hate, went to Jacksons, Mt Lawley, what a joke $300 and nothing on the plate, they call it 'fine dining'. We left hungry.

Haha we felt the same way! Was definitely a let down.

Kulcha in Joondalup Perth. 82% on urbanspoon. Great asian food for around $10-$12 a main. Beer from $3.50 a bottle. BYO wine. Unbelievable value for Perth.

India being as huge as it is with different climates and languages etc has a big variety of regional cuisine.

Most Indian food you find in oz is of the north indian/mughlai variety and is a hell of a lot richer and heavier than the food most north Indians eat at home.

There's a lot of farming, in particular dairy and wheat, in the north so they feature quite heavily in northern/punjabi food. It also gets quite cool there in winter so there are some heavier dishes.

In the south it gets hotter and more humid and typically rice and coconut milk etc feature more than dairy and wheat. It tends to be a lot less rich and generally spicier.

There are lots of other regions etc but north vs south is the easiest to get your head around and with the biggest distinctions.

South east asian Indian is another beast again and excellent, in particular the mamak food which is cooked by South Indian Muslims. Stuff like banana leaf, roti prata/canai, murtabak etc

I love a very hot vindaloo also, or a phal, the hottest. But when in India they didn't know what I was talking about, I think a lot of our Indian dishes are western interpretations.

My favourite restaurant used to be a place called the "Sri Lankan" near central in Sydney, above a pub. Don't know if its still there.

I love a very hot vindaloo also, or a phal, the hottest. But when in India they didn't know what I was talking about, I think a lot of our Indian dishes are western interpretations.

My favourite restaurant used to be a place called the "Sri Lankan" near central in Sydney, above a pub. Don't know if its still there.

Vindaloo is a goan dish I believe so you won't find it common in lots of parts of India.

Back