Your Favourite Resturant

Who would believe that Midland would hide a good clean, not fancy. Indian resteraunt. We go to Zaika frequently, in fact we are off there tonight.

Excellent restaurant. Go there for lunch every Friday:). Spicy affair in Vic Park also a good for Indian.

Was sitting in Hasting street Noosa last week with our daughters and wife at this place,,,http://aromasnoosa.com.au/,,i'm not that into restaurants
or coffee but from the minute we would all sit down and watch all the wildlife walk by and have some food I would rate it as one of the best places we have ever been too, besides the German-Club Brisbane or Taco-Bell in San-Jose well worth the price..imho..

http://brisbanegermanclub.com

Favourites (Perth)

Fine Dining
Tsunami Japanese Restaurant - Mosmon Park
Red Cabbage - South Perth

Relaxed Dining
Dough Pizza - Northbridge (very good Napoletana Pizza)

Fast Food

Grill'd
Nandos

Was in Chiang Mai recently. Everywhere I ate was awesome and super cheap. One place stood out from the rest - had fish in red curry, oh my. What's that? 5 bucks for a dish you'd pay around 25+ for here? Thanks for coming!

Royal Cambodian in East Perth does the best green curry outside of Asia.

$13.

Short stroll around to the Royal for a cheeky pint too.

It does look amazing, but does not look like you get much on your plate?

That is my pet hate, went to Jacksons, Mt Lawley, what a joke $300 and nothing on the plate, they call it 'fine dining'. We left hungry.
No surprise they went broke and closed then is it?

They didn't go broke, Neal Jackson retired.

It was ahead of its time once and used to be pretty fair value, over the last 2 years or so I think he just got tired and possibly fell out of love with it which is a big issue when it comes to something as difficult to pull off as fine dining.

Perth people -this is a list worth checking out. The vast majority of these kinds of lists are disappointing, especially anything with that idiot rob Broadfields name on it but this one is hard to argue with. Naturally I don't agree with everything in it though

Max is a good mate of mine and one of the best food writers in the country imo
http://m.perthnow.com.au/lifestyle/...-and-drink-in-wa/story-fnmlh5g4-1227123344323

It was ahead of its time once and used to be pretty fair value, over the last 2 years or so I think he just got tired and possibly fell out of love with it which is a big issue when it comes to something as difficult to pull off as fine dining.
Very good friends with one of his chefs and they were in financial trouble, but hey, maybe his staff were lying for months prior to closing.

Perth people -this is a list worth checking out. The vast majority of these kinds of lists are disappointing, especially anything with that idiot rob Broadfields name on it but this one is hard to argue with. Naturally I don't agree with everything in it though

Max is a good mate of mine and one of the best food writers in the country imo
http://m.perthnow.com.au/lifestyle/...-and-drink-in-wa/story-fnmlh5g4-1227123344323
Reading the list reminded me - Bistro Guillaume is lovely. Recommended particularly for lunch - the colours and layout really 'pop' in daylight. Beautiful food and excellent service.

Zanzibar - Merimbula

Blatant gratuitous plug for a two-hatted restaurant in Merimbula. Lucky me, I had to do routine inspections in the south of the state. Read the Virgin inflight magazine, up popped this little gem.

South coast oysters :D pity I shared a dozen with a colleague :(

Flathead to die for....

Desert.... need I say more.

The cost - priceless (well not at my cost).

Doing the Great Ocean Road at the moment, currently in Lorne. Had an amazing meal at Cuda, booked in again for tonight. Service and food were both flawless.

Brady, I'm guessing being from Radelaide, considering you're in Lorne, you've already passed Loc Ard Gorge. If not, have a squizz mate, it's absolutely gorgeous. In a former life, when I was a photographer's assistant, we did a wedding down there. Perfect day. I remember looking out over the gorge and thinking 'I'm getting paid to look at this'.

Also, while you're in Lorne, check out the Otway Fly Tree Top (http://www.otwayfly.com), so crazily awesome. I have a big time fear of heights and chose to fight it to go to the top and don't regret it, it was so beautiful.

Bar Zar on Carlisle Street in St Kilda is great. You can get a chicken parma (w/ chips and salad) or a hamburger (w/ chips) for $12. Both of them are great, the parma is huge and the salad and chips servings are very generous. Ditto for the burger, too, it's not some crappy little thing.

They also have a house beer, $10 jugs.

Both (food and beer) are an all day, every day thing. Apparently they have one in Geelong, too but I don't know where it is.

Back