Your thoughts on southern sydney city - waterloo, mascot etc

it wont be Miranda, no 30 min train ride from there, he cant be talking about sylvania, no station near there, not even sure why were playing the guessing game......

People are only just realising what a beautiful part of Sydney the Sutherland Shire is. It hardly gets a mention on these forums.

Same goes for a lot of the quality blue chip suburbs around Sydney.

Could simply be that the lifestyle suburbs are not what property investors here are targeting.
Properties in Sydney's West and North West seem to be more suitable for most part time property investors and their strategies.

Would need to be Oatley to be 32 mins....but Como / Jannali was my guess, haven't had a look at the straight line 20klm radius though.

Can't be Oatley - North side of the bridge.

Has to be Como if 3 minute walk to station, Oyster Bay is a bit further to walk.

Agree with Ace, soon as the renos at Westfield are complete I too can see Miranda taking off too.

(LOL I didn't call a major shopping centre redevelopment a reno did I?).

People are only just realising what a beautiful part of Sydney the Sutherland Shire is. It hardly gets a mention on these forums.

There's a lot of places that don't get a mention , mainly because of price .

While there are some members with high net worth , most members aren't buying IP's in expensive areas , though quite a few have PPOR's in nice areas , but the shire :rolleyes: ... Seriously ...;)

Cliff

Can't be Oatley - North side of the bridge.

Has to be Como if 3 minute walk to station, Oyster Bay is a bit further to walk.

Agree with Ace, soon as the renos at Westfield are complete I too can see Miranda taking off too.

(LOL I didn't call a major shopping centre redevelopment a reno did I?).

Not just the Westfields.
There's been a considerable amount of medical facilities developed in the past year or so in Miranda, and a 7 level dental clinic getting developed next year.
So its all there - transport, hospital and massive amounts of medical and health facilities, schools, Westfields upgrade and expansion, all located in the centre of The Shire.
5 minute drive to Cronulla beach.

Miranda was my pick 5 years ago and it's done well in the last few years, hope it powers ahead in years to come.

Carefully of the shire. The council is in its third and final round of consultations for the rezonning of large swathes of land. I predict they are making enough of a pipeline for 50,000 units.

I doubt that all those units will come online at once but if you are expecting cash flow to be strong you will be very wrong.

Why pay to live in a slummy house when you can pay less and live in a brand new unit.

On the shire, Caringbah South, Lilli Pilli, Burraneer houses I think will do well CG in the coming decade, just need to be able to cover the holding costs. A lot of money is being spent here now on new builds, big renos and high end duplexes. Location is great, 5 mins to beach, right on the hacking, straight line to CBD (30-35 mins off peak), close to Caringbah station and Miranda development, 700m+ block size is common. These areas will further seperate from the shire mean price in coming years.

Gannons Rd has gone crazy in the last year, all the way from the south end to the golf course ending at Captain Cook Drive.
So many re-builds (multi mil), new duplexes and multi dwelling developments have been done, it's like they were all waiting for the go signal as they all came on at once.
Not to mention one rebuild in the 30 mil range on Woolooware Rd.

Also the massive Cronulla Sharks development which will create so much more activity and occupancy to the area with new amenities and facilities.
This is on top of the continual residential development of Sydney's only remaining beachfront land at Greenhills Beach, which is just down the road from The Sharks development.

Things are going very well for the area.

Yep, Greenhills Beach is a stinker though IMO and wont age well. 550m blocks with kit mcmansions maxed out building / land ratio a la Kellyville Ridge and the like. I know what you are talking about on Gannons, same on Burraneer Bay Rd, between Gannons and Woolooware Rd....these are busy roads though. Drive down Port Hacking Rd Cazbah South and you will also see lots of little yellow signs on fences...most are to be Duplexes or multi dwellings some with multiple pools.

Gannons Rd has gone crazy in the last year, all the way from the south end to the golf course ending at Captain Cook Drive.
So many re-builds (multi mil), new duplexes and multi dwelling developments have been done, it's like they were all waiting for the go signal as they all came on at once.
Not to mention one rebuild in the 30 mil range on Woolooware Rd.

Also the massive Cronulla Sharks development which will create so much more activity and occupancy to the area with new amenities and facilities.
This is on top of the continual residential development of Sydney's only remaining beachfront land at Greenhills Beach, which is just down the road from The Sharks development.

Things are going very well for the area.

ACE IN THE HOLE,
I live near where you are talking about, everything you are saying is spot on.

A lot of the new duplexes and multi dwellings sell out before the building work has even started.

Glad to hear you are doing well from Miranda. The only problem could be from over development in some of these areas.

Developers would certainly be happy with how the market has performed recently.
Those areas around Gannons Rd and Burraneer Bay Rd often have good sized blocks, some very deep from the street front, probably why the area is being heavily developed and renewed.
So many of the multi dwelling sites are amalgamations of neighbouring blocks, so there must have been lots of negotiations with owners in the area.

WAterloo and Zetland should just be renamed Meriton.

Spend a fair few overnighters there, an I assume over supply will be a problem in the future. Not only that but it's a wasteland at night.

WAterloo and Zetland should just be renamed Meriton.

Spend a fair few overnighters there, an I assume over supply will be a problem in the future. Not only that but it's a wasteland at night.

I wouldn't agree with this comment, Waterloo/Zetland are a short distance from Surry Hills which stays open late and around East Village in Zetland there's a new bar that's gone up and plenty more that will develop around Green Square in time.

Has anyone noticed some of the strange price differentials between Waterloo/Zetland and Alexandria. I've found Alexandria close to Green Square station is $100k cheaper than Waterloo/Zetland, you can go through the pros/cons of the different locations but I don't think the differences are worth that much.

Also over time I think places with good proximity to Green Square train station and therefore the Green Square transformation over time are well positioned.

Back