Your top 5 RE bookmarks?

Hi all,

There seems to be a million real estate investing related websites out there. I'm just curious to see what ones people use the most often or think are the most valuable. If you want to share a few that would be great - could be anything from real estate statistics to for sale classifieds to accounting and tax information.

Oh, and we can leave Somersoft out of it as I'm sure everyone rates it very highly! :)

Hi Dissident

A number of sites you might be interested in:

General Information

I like going to the Real Estate Institute sites in each state, to get a round up of things.

REIA (Australia)
REIWA (Western Australia)
REINSW (New South Wales)
REISA (South Australia)
REIQLD (Queensland)
REITAS (Tasmania)
REIVIC (Victoria)

Statistics, Demographic, Economic, Wealth Data

ABS for Australian Bureau of Statistics, to under inflation, demographic data, home ownership analysis, etc

RBA for Reserve Bank of Australia to monitor changes to Interest Rates and economic policy

AMP Wealth Calculator for an idea of what the average income is for other equivalent australians in a local postcode and what the distribution of netwealth is amongst this group.

Property Values/Title Information (Note some SA only)

Property Assist SA is where I can go to do title searches of properties, find out when the property was sold last, whether it is encumbered or not, just find your equivalent site in QLD or the state you are purchasing in.

Land Services SA gives me an idea of the median house prices for sale in each suburb and local government area and the change effected from the same qtr the previous year, just find the QLD equivalent or the state you are purchasing in.

CBA Property Guide gives you an idea of property values in your local area as well as a comparison tool to compare other areas.

Finance/Loans

Mortgage Choice website gives me an idea of my borrowing power across 20 lenders, so each time I model a change in my financial situations, I can run it through this calculator to see what the effect on my servicability is.

PMI website, which is one of the major providers of mortgage insurance (when you borrow more than 80%), has a calculator that you can run your numbers through to see what the likelihood of PMI insuring your loan is.

Taxation

ATO website for tax topics explained, legislation, and tax rulings.

Property Sales & Property Rentals

Realestate.com.au - the most diverse property sales & rentals
Ray White - has great little maps associated with each sale - especially in QLD
Domain - dont use this site very much

Hope this is of some use

Kind regards

Corsa

Back