ZooBeat forums

Re :
No more logging on to the forum just to read the new posts - let your content aggregator do the work for you.

Good, Ive been waiting for this feature. The old webboard forum used to have a nntp ( internet newsgroups ) mode , but the hosting company did not support it. ( I know RSS is completely different to newsgroups but )

Another note, If it is possible to just get changes , without all the previous posts, and if enough people switch, it may cut down on what i imagine is a significant data transfer bill for somersoft.

Originally posted by geoffw
Is there a "What's new to vBulletin v3"?

And there does appear to be a discrepancy between post counts on the user list and the board- Sim' is showing as having 80 posts, but there's only 53 posts in the forum (according to the intro page). Ruby's shows 16 posts- but a search for her posts shows only five posts.

If you look in the vBulletin discussion forums you will be able to find a list of the new features. Because the product hasn't been fully released yet, there is no "official" list of features on the website.

As for the post counts - what you are seeing is a total count of posts AND photo gallery uploads. This is integration between vBulletin and PhotoPost PHP.

Originally posted by Gill Bates
Another note, If it is possible to just get changes , without all the previous posts, and if enough people switch, it may cut down on what i imagine is a significant data transfer bill for somersoft.

You could use the email subscription feature - which is something people have been requesting for a long time !

As for data transfer bills - that's one of the reasons we had to take the hosting off shore - we now have a large data allowance which we are using less than 20% of at the moment, so I don't see any problems in the short term with data transfer either way !

Originally posted by Sim
As for the post counts - what you are seeing is a total count of posts AND photo gallery uploads. This is integration between vBulletin and PhotoPost PHP.
Thanks for the info Sim'

It's a pity then that the option "View all user's posts" doesn't additionally show posts in the gallery, which would make integration more complete.

Rather than disintegration :D ?

Back