BHP-where to next?

Wow...!!! Today is going to be crazy...!!! :eek:

So whats gunna happen?
RIO will be through the roof.
BHP will slump.

What about all the mid tier resource and oil companies that I own? What about Woodside? I think they will have to be up.

My gains on RIO today will probably counteract my BHP loses.

How big will a BHP/RIO be? Imagine if it ends up bigger than Microsoft? That would be a kick in the kahuna's for the yanks, an Aussie based company bigger than microsoft. But then that Chinese oil company petro China is now the worlds biggest's and was briefly valued at over a trillion dollars. :)

See ya's.

And now with 3 minutes to go the DOW is almost green...!!!
That's after being deep in the red.

Gunna be an interesting day.

See ya's.

IMHO,,Just another day,funny how one company can send the market into another spin,BHP-RIO bigger then Bill Gates that will be the day, but it will happen.
willair..

Well I'm having a great day. Currently the market is up more than 1% and I'm barely breaking even.

Yesterday I wanted to lighten my exposure a little and so sold just one stock. This morning nothing in my portfolio is up more than 1.7%. The one I sold, currently up about 12% (was nearly 17% earlier) ...

GP

Yeah, that's the culprit.

I didn't really want to sell any, but was a bit concerned about the value of my portfolio so picked just the one. FMG at the time was down quite a bit and looking to head lower - and was in fact quite a bit lower at close.

I couldn't have made such a bad choice on purpose if I'd tried... :p That stock alone would have my portfolio up a few K's right now instead of just a few hundred (in fact I think I'll be back in the red very shortly - I'm getting the portfolio value from Yahoo 20 minute delayed).

GP

imho..
Sounds lke just a normal day for me,but i just wonder how many picked the
the low point in 'RIO',and the way the price will play out is anyones guess
but from the low in mid july up to now as the price sits at around the
$134 mark, money for nothing, but it could also go the other way and end up like MBL?....willair..

CisServGif

My silver miner is up 6c and I have 80k of them and ZFX has regained some composure so I can ignore BHP for now.

Sadly, never owned RIO. So many stocks, so little time.

I just sold half my shares in RIO, not talkign sheep stations but will try buy them back cheaper later on. If not it isnt the end of the world.

My silver miner is up 6c and I have 80k of them and ZFX has regained some composure so I can ignore BHP for now.
It's going to be A punt, if you look from what I read 3 BHP shares will equalI RIO share and as BHP is about $42.80 and RIO is around the $132 mark..

Bhp IMHO will either drop more,or RIO will,but if you work on that 3-1 balance and keep a carefull eye on both it may payoff..willair..

Could be that you will be able to buy BHP @$42 today.

This poses the question: "How low is low enough to buy?" I doubt I'll do so today. Anyone going to have a go?

Edit: Opened $41.99

Back