BHP-where to next?

There are a few opportunities around. No BHP for me today tho.

On a totally red day like today, i have two stocks that are up. MOC at nearly 2%!

ZFX looks a good price to buy but I'm not entirely sure its downward trend is over yet.
Wespac looked not bad buying but nothing startling.
FXI looks good but liquidity in the future is not great and there could be more downturn yet.
PPT is really copping a downturn today but going on past charts it isn't unreasonable to expect just a little more drop.
BHP looks real tempting but if this is just the start of a downturn overall in the market, I can't afford to hold long term using credit.
CWT is just a property trust but seems to pay a dividend every quarter. 75 cents would be a good entry.

I bought a second -hand exgovt large white board a few months ago for 15 bucks at the auctions, covers my back office wall, i have 34 companies that i watch over the past 16 weeks day in day out, i have bought into several over that period and sold over 2 weeks ago, i do not worry about tax that is a part of any upfront business,but for anyone that is thinking to enter the market at this point would want to be be very careful..

IF you take the time and have a look at some of the massive falls in some listed companies on the ASX today it makes you think which way the trend will go,and my guess is down..willair..IMHO..
willair..

Anyone buy BHP, im thinking of buy a few more (only lots of $2500 for me)

I bought some more BHP on Monday - unfortunately for me!! But I am holding for the long term. I am intending to buy another $10,000, but will only do so in small amounts - probably around $2500 each time. Don't know when to start though!!

Who thinks this is the beginning of the downward trend in the share market??

Today's falls look like being the extension of another correction playing out. We might test the same support levels seen during the recent 20% correction. I wouldn't be trying to call the bottom on this one. Just wait and watch for a while longer if you're looking at buying back in. 6000 might yet get tested again...

Just MHO,
Michael.

Today's falls look like being the extension of another correction playing out. We might test the same support levels seen during the recent 20% correction. I wouldn't be trying to call the bottom on this one. Just wait and watch for a while longer if you're looking at buying back in. 6000 might yet get tested again...

Just MHO,
Michael.

Yeah, it looks like a turning point. It will separate the wheat from the chaff.

Correction.. where?

SPI futures jumped up 130 points in the last hour, hard to know why, maybe someone knows something about the interest rate announcement in the UK & Europe shortly, otherwise nothing special seems to be going on tonight.

RIO up nearly 30% in the UK after confirmation by BHP that they made an offer for them, although it was rejected.

rioukui7.gif

GP

wow. So now what... sell RIO on the hype or hold out for the long haul?

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/6518f220-8dea-11dc-8591-0000779fd2ac.html

It didn't break out from a consolidation range, so there's a potential danger of profit taking. Wouldn't be able to tell whether it's a good one to hold out or sell until after the close of tomorrow's trading and next week's and assess the chart. Also, there's also a potential danger of a blue chip stock being ramped up before the dump (pump and dump). I remember MBL was notorious for this, and happened to Orica too.

Correction.. where?

SPI futures jumped up 130 points in the last hour, hard to know why, maybe someone knows something about the interest rate announcement in the UK & Europe shortly, otherwise nothing special seems to be going on tonight.

Go to love this volatility.

was talking to my FIL on monday night about how i bought some shares, and he was askin what, and if i got it at reasonable prices, then rhiannon started tellin him how i keep looking at it and goin "we made this today, we lost this today" and that i need to just stop and hold them long term, as we don't lose money if we don't sell them.

then he said "just hold them. if you sell any of it, i'll cut your balls off."
:p

Yesterday though, Sucked. Royally.

dropped 50% of my gains since i started, in one day :(
(ok, so it's only about 500$.. but that's not the point)

Yesterday though, Sucked. Royally.
BHP down again, DOW down again overnight. Today ASX will be down again.

Don't sweat the small stuff. Never buy for the long term, only medium. "Buying long term" can be an excuse for lazy investing and throw the idea that you don't lose if you don't sell in the bin where it belongs.

Dow Jones is testing the neck of double top soon.. if it breaks the neck convincingly in the coming weeks then that means the tide has turned. I was expecting this to happen back in August but obviously I was 3 months too early, but then again, I could still be wrong this time, let's wait and see..

Back