Control freaks

I've come in late to this but it appears to me that this woman doesn't have enough work to do. If she did she wouldn't be emailing your stakeholders. I have another question, you say there are 5 in the team all at the same grade. Does she carry on like this with the others or is it just you?

5 in the team, but different levels and different work hours. I see her the most. Another team member is having similar issues, but to a lesser extent. She has a good relationship with others in the team.

She should have plenty to do. I think its a personality thing and also wanting to be seen to be doing a good job.

This week has been much much better. Will see how it goes.

From today's Age

The most effective way to deal with a micro manager is ?micro manage back up the chain?, Daley suggests.

Here are seven strategies for achieving greater autonomy:

? Work out what drives the micro manager: insecurity, pressure from above, lack of confidence or trust in you.

? Keep emotion at bay and, when broaching the topic, present quantifiable evidence of the impact their behaviour is having on your productivity;

? ?Adapt your style to match theirs; they will like this and it may gain you more breathing spaces,? Foley-Lewis suggests;

? Get to know them, acknowledge they have a heavy load of responsibility and ask 'is there any way I can help make life easier?';

? Be proactive: approach them before they come looking for you and dazzle them with highly detailed documentation proving you are completely across a delegated task;

? Ask the micro manager what, when and how they like to receive information;

? Reassure your micro manager that you will report progress regularly ? agree a schedule ? and never miss those deadlines.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/small-busi...cro-manager-20131211-2z5cx.html#ixzz2qzNrSwnu

Back